DLNA Network Error with LG BD 570

pyefox

First off, thanks for doing a great job on Emby, I really like it and hope I can use it if I can get it working.

My main problem is that I get a generic "Network Error" failure when I try to connect my LG BD 570  to Emby via DLNA.  I tried 3.0.7300.0, 3.0.8300.0, and 3.1.198-beta (which had problems saving the profile when I selected "Display all folders as plain storage folders").  All versions failed the same way.

The BD 570 BluRay player's DLNA support works with Plex, Serviio, and Playon, but fails with Emby.  My Roku player works with Emby so I'm guessing that Emby is doing something that the BD 570 doesn't like.  I see the icon for Emby correctly, but when I select it I get a generic "Network Error" message and no additional information from the BD 570.

I have attached the log with DLNA debugging turned on (emby1.log), but I don't see anything particularly useful.

I have also attached wireshark pcapng files for serviio (working) and Emby (failing), and I also edited the files as text/xml/soap data so that the calls and data are fairly readable (the two .txt files) so you can see the data without having to load the files into wireshark.

Note:

The server running Serviio and Emby is 192.168.1.5 (ELVIS)

The BD 570 BluRay player is 192.168.1.173

Looking at the Emby1.txt file it looks  like the BluRay player discovers the server and gets the initial information and icon, but it doesn't seem to understand the BrowseResponse from Emby. The BD570  tries the same command a total of 4 times (Emby sends the same response every time) and then fails.

Comparing the Serviio and Emby txt files it looks like the primary differences are:

1) Serviio uses object.container for a class, while Emby uses object.container.storageFolder.

2) Both return dc:title and upnp:class, but Emby also returns upnp:albumArtURI, upnp:icon, and res protocolInfo.

3) Serviio returns restricted="1" for the container, while Emby returns restricted="0"  

4) Emby returns searchable="1" for the container while Serviio doesn't.

5) Serviio sends 2 NOTIFY events, while Emby doesn't send any.

It "feels" like the problem is probably that the BD570 isn't understanding object.container.storageFolder, and is probably looking for object.container.

I notice that there is an option to force returning object.container.storageFolder, but not object.container.  Is there any way to get Emby to return object.container?

Thanks!

-Jim

emby1.log

emby1.txt

serviio.txt

wireshark.pcapng.zip