emby on Arch Linux - can-t delete files with Roku Box

dirkme

Dear emby-friends,

I use for a very long time Plex on Linux etc.

Now discovered emby, but I can't get roku to delete any file doesn't matter what user or group and even giving thme all 777 rights.

If I followed the guide for plex, it just worked, trying anything possible for emby, it just doesn't want to work.

Need help to get emby to be able to delete files with Roku.

In a test I had it before and it was working, now, I can't get it done doesn't matter what.

Need help and a fresh mind

Arch, doesn't realy have a version and the problem as discribt is:"can't delete files"

emby (Version 3.0.8300.0) is installed on arch linux (rolling distro), Roku Box 2 is used to watch emby content on TV, emby can't delete files through Roku Box 2 on arch linux server.

So, now I wrote it a little different, but that is just what it is and nothing more to report.

Are you using the standard app or blue neon app to delete with? The standard app will present a delete button when the candelete flag is present...but.... the api function it uses to delete with is only able to delete from recorded tv. The blue neon app can delete from both recorded tv and anywhere in your library. Delete is disabled by default in the app, an admin logged in can enable it. You should be able to figure it out. It also requires delete permissions set on the server for the user for the delete button to appear. Have fun, be careful... :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are you using the standard app or blue neon app to delete with? The standard app will present a delete button when the candelete flag is present...but.... the api function it uses to delete with is only able to delete from recorded tv. The blue neon app can delete from both recorded tv and anywhere in your library. Delete is disabled by default in the app, an admin logged in can enable it. You should be able to figure it out. It also requires delete permissions set on the server for the user for the delete button to appear. Have fun, be careful... :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

On Roku, there is only a green App I haven't seen a blue App. permissions are set to 777 can't get better than this. The green App on Roku neither the Server on Arch has a setting to enable delete like PLex server has.

On Roku, there is only a green App I haven't seen a blue App. permissions are set to 777 can't get better than this. The green App on Roku neither the Server on Arch has a setting to enable delete like PLex server has.

Indeed. I wasnt clear enough.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24151-theme-blue-neon-night/

This is the app I am refering to. It is a private app as a bonus for forum users. You can have both the standard and this private app on your roku homescreen at the same time. Let me know if you have any questions.