Emby stopped on DS214 play

mafiabit

mafiabit

Hi all,

I installed emby server (3.0.8300.0-2) on NAS214J(DSM5.2.5967 Update 2).

I restarted my nas and added right in R/W to video folder.

I cant lauch webpage and when I see  to package center, emby is stopped. impossible to start it.

I can ./rundiags but not ./sendlogs :

>> Creating archive...

ls: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/config/*.xml: No such file or directory
FAILED

ERROR: Failed to create the log archive.

I saw before this package, we must install mono, ffmpeg... I installed mono but dont find ffmpeg, sqlite, imagemagik .
I added repo from synocommunity and cytek.
So, if someone can help me, I will appreciate.

Edit: I added my log

Regards

post-164607-0-43992700-1477602329_thumb.jpg

log emby.txt

Edited by mafiabit

solabc16

Hello @@mafiabit

Sorry to hear you're having problems. There are no additional package dependencies for the Emby supported package for Synology.

The instructions detailed here (https://emby.media/nas-server.html) under the Synology section are all that is required.

From the attached log, I can see that the issue is a result of none of the binaries being executable.

Can you confirm your NAS model, I'm assuming it's a DS214play not 214J?

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

mafiabit

hello,

thanks for your reply, yest its a DS214play , you an see in log (Linux synology_evansport_214play).

Tried many times  to uninstall and reinstall  (https://emby.media/nas-server.html), when I select "action/Lauch" i have a message:"failure during the launch of the repair package", or nothing, but I can't start the package.

i hope migrate from plex to Emby, but the way is not easy,.

Edited by mafiabit

solabc16

Hello @@mafiabit

Yes, I did see that in the log but also saw you mentioned a 214J in your opening comments, I find it safest not to make assumptions!

If you haven't already, can you go to Package Center and update to version 3.0.8400.

I've put a fix in for the issue with the send logs utility you reported above, so you'll be able to send over the information we need.

Out of interest, did you have a particular reason for sticking with DSM5 over DSM6?

Best

- James

mafiabit

hello @@solabc16,

Sorry my mystake, i had a DS210J before my DS214  play.

with your update, I was able to send the report(sendlogs_Nas_synology_evansport_214play_20161102T174524UTC.tgz ).

I m not ready to move to DSM6 for the moment. Many updates which not interested me.

Regards

solabc16

Hello @@mafiabit

No problem and thanks for the logs. I can see what the problem is, it will take me a few days to decide on the best solution.

In short, there's an older version of a dependency on this particular platform/DSM combination than we were expecting.

With regards to DSM6, understood. There are some improvements to the h/w transcoding support in DSM6, which depending on your media library may be of interest.

- James

mafiabit

I don't find an easy way to downgrade from DSM6 to DSM5.2 for my DS214 play in case i have issue with this  version 6. and for me everythings good on this DSM 5.2  except emby..

i installed last version for Emby (3.0.8500.0-1) same issue unfortunately..

Edited by mafiabit