Animated Movie Poster

Blueeyiz702

Blueeyiz702

Has anyone had any luck using a .Gif as Fanart? I can get some to load, and others will crush the whole system.

There is a program called Kyra for Kodi you can use. It should solve most of your problems.

• Like 1

Smitty018210

Is there any chance this was disabled in last weekends update?  Mine all stopped work Saturday afternoon.

Blueeyiz702

Is there any chance this was disabled in last weekends update?  Mine all stopped work Saturday afternoon.

go over to kodi.tv forum and ask the Dev of the kyra app. he responds fast and can probably tell u more than i can.

PrincessClevage

Ok, I assume these will never be an option in coverart plugin. How do I enable these as a backdrop for specific movies? Download Kodi client (will it install and run on windows OS?) Then launch Kodi app and look for kyra plugin ? So and app with in an app ? Then select movie and there will be an option for animated art? Perhaps a copy and paste and rename to backdrop for now is easiest

Edited by PrincessClevage

Smitty018210

go over to kodi.tv forum and ask the Dev of the kyra app. he responds fast and can probably tell u more than i can.

Thanks for the info but I'm using emby not kodi.

CBers

Is there any chance this was disabled in last weekends update? Mine all stopped work Saturday afternoon.

What stopped?

What version of the Emby server are you running?

PrincessClevage

These animated posters are .gif does emby support .gif format ? Is it possible to manually add these to emby?

FrostByte

I just tried adding the one for Ghostbusters and when you click Upload nothing happens.  The page says jpg/png only.  If that's so then maybe the drop down box should only allow you to see jpg/png files and not all image types when selecting

CBers

Save the animated gif to the movie folder as folder.gif.

They should show in the web client, but don't think any other apps support them, other than Kodi with certain skins.

PrincessClevage

I just tried adding the one for Ghostbusters and when you click Upload nothing happens. The page says jpg/png only. If that's so then maybe the drop down box should only allow you to see jpg/png files and not all image types when selecting

Is there a technical reason Emby can not support .gif?

Smitty018210

Save the animated gif to the movie folder as folder.gif.

They should show in the web client, but don't think any other apps support them, other than Kodi with certain skins.

Sorry didn't get back this sooner. Yes uploading them from the web client never worked. I always had to add them into the folder and re-scan my library. After which they would display. I got them to display using the web client (Firefox in my case), The theater app, android and ember as well. The only one that didn't work was WMC and I never thought that it would in the first place. Two weekends ago I got one of those "your sever has updated and needs to restart" things and after the restart nothing was working anymore. Kinda of disappointing. I was really enjoying creating fanart and posters to take advantage of this feature. It was relaxing and kinda fun to see what kinda of cooling things I could come up with for each one.

legallink

Just an FYI. IOS displays the gif and I believe the android app does as well(although I can't confirm the latter. Have jus been told accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

How do you get these to display in emby server metadata manager? When I try and add it says jpg/png only and these are gif extensions. I do not have metadata store in media location but in Emby database

Edited by PrincessClevage

CBers

How do you get these to display in emby server metadata manager? When I try and add it says jpg/png only and these are gif extensions. I do not have metadata store in media location but in Emby database

Manually save them as folder.gif.

They used to show up fine in Emby Web Client, but it seems to have stopped working with recent releases.

There is another thread about that somewhere.

PrincessClevage

Manually save them as folder.gif.

They used to show up fine in Emby Web Client, but it seems to have stopped working with recent releases.

There is another thread about that somewhere.

I would like to use them as backdrops and I have tried manually saving the as backdrop.gif but no joy with ET. I also don't use store in media location and not sure if a backdrop.gif will be override the backdrop in emby server database

• 1 month later...
PrincessClevage

599a928e597b2_FindingNemoEnglishMF.gif

599a92bb682f2_FindingNemoFrenchMF.gif

599a92f0155dd_FindingNemoPlainMF.gif

@@Luke

As I understand it emby server and ET can already display these animated gifs, would it be much effort/possible to add the possibility to select these animated gifs in the sever metadata manager so we have a reasonably easy method to manually add?