Animated Movie Poster

Blueeyiz702

CBers

Both have been asked and declined for various reasons. So i have all of them on my web page, animated movie posters and animated backgrounds.

There are over 400 animated movie posters i have resized and have online.

Hi @.

I like the way these look in Kodi on my Shield TV :)

Is there a way of downloading all of them in one ZIP file please?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

Hi @.

Thanks.

CBers, let me put it together and ill post i link shortly to zip file. I'm having some internet issues,ill get it up as soon as resolved.

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 1

CarlosLima

I have over a hundred animated posters and I keep everything in Google Drive. Animated preview is normal for me.

Blueeyiz702

Hi @.

Thanks.

i'm uploading now and will post link shortly, 517 animated posters will be in zip. File size is 1.1gb

Blueeyiz702

Hi @.

Thanks.

One Animated Movie Poster Link with all posters included. 517 so far,more coming.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7aQ-XX04M1bQWRuZHBxU0tjMlE

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 3

CBers

Thanks @.

I'll add them to my local movie folders, but hopefully Emby will start to download them soon.

I use @@marcelveldt's Titan skin in Kodi and it is auto-downloading the animated posters.

CarlosLima

Hi, I'm looking for the animated posters for the movies:
Need for Speed
Resident Evil Afterlife
Titanic
All in 3D, but can be any poster layout.
I thank you for directions where you can get it.

Blueeyiz702

Hi, I'm looking for the animated posters for the movies:

Need for Speed

Resident Evil Afterlife

Titanic

All in 3D, but can be any poster layout.

I thank you for directions where you can get it.

those haven't been made yet,the gentleman that lets me share his work and makes only does on weekends so ill ask him if he can when he has time.He has a ton a request and i'm sure he will get to them eventually.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

It's still just not enough content for the feature to actually gain traction. That's why having them in a place like fanart or TheMovieDb will make it very visible and others will start contributing their own creations and then it will take off.

The animated posters are available in a centralized database. You can just read some json file to get the full listing.

For Kodi my Skin Helper Service is reading that DB to provide the animated arts to skins. Downside is that Kodi needs the gif images locally stored otherwise they're not animated.

Would be nice if Emby natively supports the animated art and reads the json db to get them.

The authors of those animated art already contacted fanart.tv but currently there's no way of having them added there because of design guidelines etc.

• Like 1

CBers

The animated posters are available in a centralized database. You can just read some json file to get the full listing.

For Kodi my Skin Helper Service is reading that DB to provide the animated arts to skins. Downside is that Kodi needs the gif images locally stored otherwise they're not animated.

Would be nice if Emby natively supports the animated art and reads the json db to get them.

The authors of those animated art already contacted fanart.tv but currently there's no way of having them added there because of design guidelines etc.

Yes, it would be nice to have Emby add these during normal metadata fetching where available.

They still wouldn't get used in Kodi though would they, unless the addon is amended to sync to the correct location?

marcelveldt

Yes, it would be nice to have Emby add these during normal metadata fetching where available.

They still wouldn't get used in Kodi though would they, unless the addon is amended to sync to the correct location?

Yes indeed but we can build support for that in the Emby for Kodi addon. Or maybe there will be a solution provided by the Kodi devs so the artwork can be stored at a remote location

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

CarlosLima

those haven't been made yet,the gentleman that lets me share his work and makes only does on weekends so ill ask him if he can when he has time.He has a ton a request and i'm sure he will get to them eventually.

Thanks so much

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

A lot of people that use Kodi with Emby are using this app, its called Kyra for Kodi. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kodi-control-center/id938724826?mt=8

Or Kyra for Trakt https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kyra-for-trakt/id1102061812?mt=8 it has all animated posters included within app i believe.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

marcelveldt

Yes, kyra uses the same database. In fact the database was created for that app

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Blueeyiz702

I'll be adding this to my web page and to zip file i have link posted for. Available in Eng,French,German, and Plain 

OfBUe8L.gif

• Like 2

CBers

looking good. anyone figured out how to get cover art to work with them?

You'll need to ask @@ebr about that :)

• Like 1

Have you checked out the parallax posters in Apple TV? To be honest, I think that is better than these animated posters. You can see a css-made example here:

https://designmodo.com/apple-tv-effect/

The way they work is the posters are delivered in 5 pieces, so in that example above, the poster background could be one image file, the snow could be another, the logo, etc, etc. Then the parallax animation is interactive depending on which direction you navigate. 

I have mentioned the idea to Kode at fanart but obviously it's a lot of work for users who contribute images, since they'd have to upload all of the layers separately. But I personally think it is superior to these animated gifs.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Have you checked out the parallax posters in Apple TV? To be honest, I think that is better than these animated posters. You can see a css-made example here:

https://designmodo.com/apple-tv-effect/

The way they work is the posters are delivered in 5 pieces, so in that example above, the poster background could be one image file, the snow could be another, the logo, etc, etc. Then the parallax animation is interactive depending on which direction you navigate. 

I have mentioned the idea to Kode at fanart but obviously it's a lot of work for users who contribute images, since they'd have to upload all of the layers separately. But I personally think it is superior to these animated gifs.

I like the 3D effect of those a lot better