Animated Movie Poster

Blueeyiz702

Koleckai Silvestri

GIFs are limited to 256 colors. One of those colors can be used for transparency. Animated PNG files never really caught on.

Blueeyiz702

I think ill just use some for my collections,as i have about 1000 movies rite now. Way to much work to make that many animated.

5812bc7b93363_oN6dfbp_zpsuyyi3hlb.gif

FrostByte

I like ebr's comment to optionally display animated posters in the movie details screen only.  That way you will only have one running at a time.  Poster.jpg when viewing All Movies and then Poster.gif (if available) when in details.  I really don't want to see 100 posters all moving at the same time, may go bug eyed

• Like 3

CBers

I like ebr's comment to optionally display animated posters in the movie details screen only. That way you will only have one running at a time. Poster.jpg when viewing All Movies and then Poster.gif (if available) when in details. I really don't want to see 100 posters all moving at the same time, may go bug eyed

Makes sense :)

Blueeyiz702

If anybody is interested,here is a nice little collection of Animated Movie Posters,  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/331z5poy70ldv/Animated_Movie_Posters there are over 300 so far but i've got about another 600 Or 700 more i'm waiting on approval to use.

Added another link,was given permission to use all the posters. Also working on webpage where they will all be in one place. Besides English some posters also available in French and German.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evuqccdap7er3fo/AABS_PDc2dHXN2lr9QiEWDzPa?dl=0      140 in this one.

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Blueeyiz702

I just meant online database in the sense that before we commit to this feature across all the apps, we'd want to see that its' actually being used by a good number of people, and there would be no better way to promote the feature than having it on fanart or MovieDb.

Fanart.tv requires certain specifications. Most animated gifs don't have those specifications they where asked. so i'm going to try and create a place for all them to be shown at. Shouldn't take me Long.

I looked at some of these and i'm blown away at how professional most of them are. wait till you see some of them i post to link.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Blueeyiz702

If anybody is interested in animated posters or animated backgrounds check out this site,    http://blueeyiz702.wixsite.com/posters  English, French, and German language posters available also. Close to 300 posters are there,and about 300 or 400 more to go. And i fixed my links so instead just being to watch animated posters you can actually click on individual posters to see how they really look..

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Are the animated backgrounds gifs as well? I like the concept of them but they would be nice at full movie quality.

Some clients already support video backgrounds for movies and series. Just place your video in a sub-folder called backdrops within your movie folder.

See: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Theme%20songs%20&%20videos

I did try it with the theme video plugin but i found that most video backgrouds are too busy and distracting. I do like the slow motion of these backgrounds though... my question was simply about the format to possibly have those as video backgrounds.

Edited by MndWrp

Blueeyiz702

I did try it with the theme video plugin but i found that most video backgrouds are too busy and distracting. I do like the slow motion of these backgrounds though... my question was simply about the format to possibly have those as video backgrounds.

do you mean like this? its the same format,or at least ones i use are gif.

581c75e5a3003_DaysofSummer2009.gif

Blueeyiz702

curious where did you get the jungle book one from?

I have a web page where i'm putting all the animated posters in one pace,and ask the makers of them if i could use. This was one of the collection.

• 1 month later...
Blueeyiz702

Is there one for Drive?

I don't think so Luke,i've got everyone they have made on my site. I'll ask one the guys to see if he can make one..

You mean drive the movie with Ryan Gosling.

What do you mean ??

I mean the detail screen no longer shows a poster.

As I previously stated, I think showing these in lists or grids is a very, very bad idea...

CBers

I mean the detail screen no longer shows a poster.

As I previously stated, I think showing these in lists or grids is a very, very bad idea...

Surely that's up to the user.

• Like 2

Yes that's fine and if we can get these into an online database like moviedb or fanart then I think we would be more likely to look at broad support across all of the apps.

• Like 2

Blueeyiz702

Yes that's fine and if we can get these into an online database like moviedb or fanart then I think we would be more likely to look at broad support across all of the apps.

Both have been asked and declined for various reasons. So i have all of them on my web page, animated movie posters and animated backgrounds.

There are over 400 animated movie posters i have resized and have online.

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 2