Tuner Priority Listing

bungee91

bungee91

I'd like to assign my tuners in the opposite order of WMC while I'm in a "testing" period, since I'm recording the same show essentially twice (WMC and Emby).

As of now, I only assign 1/2 of the available ones to Emby, so all is happy, however I'd like to assign them all.

While I'm certain the two will figure out how to play in the sand box nicely, I'd like to limit the possibilities of both trying to grab the same one for the exact same recording.

If I can't list them easily, if you could just let me know if I added the same type on 9/22 (type being cable card or OTA, and a random MM/DD date) and then added one of the same type on 9/23, would it default to the older initialized ones (9/22), or use the newer one (9/23) as priority?

Thanks!

mellomade

Emby sorts the tuners by IP address - so if you want to have them used in a specific order just assign a lower fixed IP to the one you want to use first.  For example:

Tuner 1 - 192.168.0.10

Tuner 2 - 192.168.0.11

AFAIK there is no way to manually order the tuner priority - maybe a feature request?

bungee91

Thanks for the info, I can work with that.

I think this feature would naturally be added at some point, so I won't bother the dev's with it at this time.