xBox One how do you make Subs work?

LqHnyBear

LqHnyBear

I am using the Emby Theater App on the xBox One and I love it. So much better than using the web interface. I'm having one issue though. How do I make subtitles show up? Most of the videos I'm using have internal subs and are set as default forced but they don't show up. Any help would be appreciated and if you need more info please let me know.

Hi just use the down arrow during playing, select the cc icon, then select the subtitle track you want.

LqHnyBear

Thank you for the reply. I've tried that and the subs don't display. Is there a setting server side I need to have set or something?

Don't have MKV's here really. The subtitled files that work, do you have an external srt in the folder as well? For curiosity sake extract the subs from the mkv to a srt. I use mkvcleaver to do this. Then name the srt just like the movie, according to your sample file this a forced english track, so correctly, My Movie (2016).mkv, My Movie (2016).forced.en.srt

Give that a shot just curious if its not able to display them out of the mkv on xbox one currently.

I use external .srt files here and haven't had an issue yet.

Edited by BAS

huangda1982

So you have a MKV file and a srt file on server, then play it with Emby client for xbox one, and subtitle works?

Is server doing the transcoding "brun in" thing?

My server is not powerful enough to transcode.

It would be a great news for me if it is a direct play.

I have tried many ways to get subtitle to work, and failed.

DLNA stream -> no subtitle, Media Player -> internal subtitles only, Plex -> need transcoding, VLC -> no font for my language.

Emby seems to be the last chance.

I will try it this evening (maybe in different timezone, though :)).