Seek bar - time no longer displayed?

Raven
Go to solution Solved by rikiwi,

I've only just noticed (so can't say when it started happening) but I no longer get the time pop-up when I scrub forward or back by dragging on the seek bar.  The function still works fine in that the video will go to that time location and continue playing but I just can't see what time I'm dragging to.  

Using latest version from the Play Store.  Is there a setting I need to enable/change?

Thanks

Hi, I just tested and I am seeing the seek time preview just as before. Can you give it another try? Thanks !

I also started experiencing this recently, and am on the beta program. I believe this has been happening for at least a week or so. Normally I'm casting to GoogleCast when I'm trying to seek time.

Edited by ACB
  • Like 2

@@Luke - I tried it again as you asked.  Same result with multiple vids, different formats, from different locations etc.  Like ACB above, I'm mostly casting to GoogleCast (v2) (used to be called Chromecast).

• Solution

It seems to be working now but I just need to confirm; is the time pop-up now a dark grey rectangle instead of the old pale blue circle?

• Like 1

Thanks Luke.

When trying to scrub forward to skip ads its' very tricky to get to an exact time as the time displayed in the pop-up doesn't always relate exactly to the actual elapsed time.

I mostly try and skip forward 4 minutes as this is the usual ad time slot on my most watched (recorded) channel at peak times.

I do get more accuracy if I use a touch screen pen instead of my finger.

Thanks Luke - working here too.  It's now an overlay centered above the seek bar, rather than a bubble that moved with the slider, yes?

Thanks Luke - working here too.  It's now an overlay centered above the seek bar, rather than a bubble that moved with the slider, yes?

That sounds like the video player, which is a little different, yes. Nothing was done for that because I'm not aware of any issues there.