Server does not always restart during unattended update

Marc_G

Hi all,

This problem has been going on for a long time... probably more than a year. I've posted many logfiles in the past. I'm still seeing it. Basically, the server will shut down to apply an update, but it doesn't restart.

Then, user tries to use Emby for MC or theoretically any other client, and there's no Emby server running, and no joy.

Superuser (me) has to restart the server. Typically, then, I go in and manually tell it to apply the update, and all is well until the next stable release.

Is there ANY way to solve this? I've had Emby since it was Media Browser.

I'm reluctant to do a full uninstall / reinstall since everything works just the way I like it, even my outdated ROC theme. I doubt I would ever get things re-settled if I nuke everything and start over.

Marc

Happy2Play

Personally I would just disable "Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates" and update at your leisure, but that is just me.  There are dozens of topics on the issue but no clear way to resolve the issue.  If it is the server process is hanging or another issue, every system may release the process at different time.  When my server process hangs sometime it dies after 30 seconds and sometimes after 5 minutes.

• Like 1