strm files - send watched state to Emby server

horstepipe

Angelblue05

I'm sorry I don't have time to work on the addon at this time. I've been super busy. I know it sucks to wait. I'll try to get to it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horstepipe

I'm sorry I don't have time to work on the addon at this time. I've been super busy. I know it sucks to wait. I'll try to get to it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no problem, take your time :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
horstepipe

Would it at least be possible adding an option to mark a movie/episode as watched directly after it is being clicked on or something like this?

Edited by horstepipe

What do you mean exactly by clicked on? Wouldn't you just use the checkmark?

horstepipe

What do you mean exactly by clicked on? Wouldn't you just use the checkmark?

I mean when starting playback (before Kodi loses the connection to the database entry)

djhifi

I mean when starting playback (before Kodi loses the connection to the database entry)

To the best of my knowledge, KODI has an implementation feature which marks the movie as being on "resume" when you reach a certain amount of minutes of playback. Same goes for watched status on the end of the same vídeo file. That can be also set in advancedsettings.xml via a percentage. This works to both strm files as well as local/direct network streams.

Furthermore this is used in conjunction with profiles from within EMBY. All you really have to do is set up the advancedsettings.xml in your userdata and manually define the viewpoints.

Or you can always manually mark the file with the said checkmark. The above explanations is in order to automate stuff. It works on my side (altough I dont stream files from other places besides my NAS). But I've seen it work. It even works with YouTube addon for instance.

Cheers

Edited by djhifi

horstepipe

To the best of my knowledge, KODI has an implementation feature which marks the movie as being on "resume" when you reach a certain amount of minutes of playback. Same goes for watched status on the end of the same vídeo file. That can be also set in advancedsettings.xml via a percentage. This works to both strm files as well as local/direct network streams.

Furthermore this is used in conjunction with profiles from within EMBY. All you really have to do is set up the advancedsettings.xml in your userdata and manually define the viewpoints.

Or you can always manually mark the file with the said checkmark. The above explanations is in order to automate stuff. It works on my side (altough I dont stream files from other places besides my NAS). But I've seen it work. It even works with YouTube addon for instance.

Cheers

Unfortunately it's not that easy when using Emby with strm files. Kodi loses the connection to the database entry as soon as playback starts. Instead of playing "movie name", it is playing "file-name.mkv". So Kodi doesn't "know" what is being played and therefore can't mark it as watched correctly.

• Like 1

djhifi

Unfortunately it's not that easy when using Emby with strm files. Kodi loses the connection to the database entry as soon as playback starts. Instead of playing "movie name", it is playing "file-name.mkv". So Kodi doesn't "know" what is being played and therefore can't mark it as watched correctly.

Are you trying to play files which ARENT in your emby server db? Is that it that im missing here?

horstepipe

Are you trying to play files which ARENT in your emby server db? Is that it that im missing here?

no the files are in my emby db. Maybe your strm-files don't call another Kodi plugin (which they do here, plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/...) and this is part of causing the problem.

djhifi

no the files are in my emby db. Maybe your strm-files don't call another Kodi plugin (which they do here, plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/...) and this is part of causing the problem.

So i take it that you are using the option "stream via HTTP instead of SMB" in the addon?

If yes, don't you have any way of rellocating those files to some kind of NAS or SMB language physical destination inside your home network ?

horstepipe

So i take it that you are using the option "stream via HTTP instead of SMB" in the addon?

If yes, don't you have any way of rellocating those files to some kind of NAS or SMB language physical destination inside your home network ?

not at the moment, but I'll think about it, thanks.