TV theme songs in Android TV app

Spooky83

Spooky83

Hey everyone, 

I've been using Emby for 6 months or so and it's working great. The only thing which I can't really understand are the TV theme songs. I know they are supposed to be playing, but I've never heard one during browsing. I have theme songs for almost every show, as I used to use them in Kodi. In the Android mobile app a couple of them seem to work, but really only a couple (4-5 out of over 100!)

Is there an option that needs to be enabled or what could cause this?

Hi. These aren't supported yet in the TV app. I believe there is an app level option in the mobile app though.

Spooky83

Ok, I just thought they would share quite a lot of code. But on the other hand it's still strange that not all theme songs are played in the android app. they are all named theme.mp3, as this was needed for TV Tunes on Kodi.

However, it would be great to see this implemented into the Android TV app.

One more thing. Is it correct, that since the update I cannot select a single season to mark watched/unmarked? As far as I could see it, it only works for shows or single episodes.

Edited by Spooky83

One more thing. Is it correct, that since the update I cannot select a single season to mark watched/unmarked? As far as I could see it, it only works for shows or single episodes.

Nothing changed here in the TV app.  The only way to do that in that app has always been via the context menu which you need to have a remote that can produce that.  The Fire TV has a menu button and, on the Shield, the controller "Y" button will produce the menu.

• 8 months later...