nfo editor

gillmacca

gillmacca

In the original series of doctor who, I have a lot of episodes that are missing genres.

Now I could manually go through them all and add the genres, but that would take a long time.

I was wondering if anyone knows of an nfo editor that would allow me to bulk add the genres?

gillmacca

So episode level genre is not used by Emby, only season level?

If that is the case, then what's the point of having a genre option at episode level

Happy2Play

Do you mean via Metadata Manager?  Maybe Kodi uses it?  None of my episodes or seasons have genre, only Series.

carpediem

I do not have any genre tags on any episodes that I have encountered so far. However, it is easy to add tags to multiple files using Notepad++. All you need to do is find one tag that is consistent/present in all the .nfo files you want to edit and then append the tag you want to the line below it. So if you wanted to add the genre tag below the plot tag for example, do a Ctrl+H in Notepad++ to bring up the Find/Replace window and make the change as shown in the snapshot. Look for the closing tag for plot "</plot>" and then use regex to add a new line with the tag you want to add EX: <genre>comedy</genre>.

580aa78f85d66_Notepad.png

Before:

<plot>Morgaine forces Ace and Shou Yuing to hand over Excalibur...</plot>

<title>Battlefield: Part Four>

After:

<plot>Morgaine forces Ace and Shou Yuing to hand over Excalibur...</plot>

<genre>comedy</genre>

<title>Battlefield: Part Four</title>

You can run the same search and replace for all the files in a directory using the "Find in Files" tab. Of course making changes like these is dangerous and irreversible so test appropriately on something less important before trying this on your precious collection.

• Like 3