What recordings does Emby make and keep with new recording system

tre4b

Before TV recordings were made using the overall media sub system I used to record all episodes anywhere of a series to make sure I did not miss them.  This tended to result in lots of recordings of the same thing I would have to trim.  Now I look in recordings and am shown one copy of each episode.  This is great but I am curious as to whether there are actually loads of each episode and Emby is just showing me by the episode.  If that is the case how do I look at all the recordings so I can trim the ones I do not really need.

With regard to recording is there any intelligence in the recording made?  i.e. If it is set to record episode 21 of something and I already have that can it be set to not bother?  I'm assuming the new flag is to flag episodes that are new to the channel and not ones that are old but not yet recorded.  Ideally I'd love to leave a series recording until I have caught all episodes with only one successful copy of each.

The only recordings made are the ones you are seeing.

With regard to recording is there any intelligence in the recording made?  i.e. If it is set to record episode 21 of something and I already have that can it be set to not bother?  I'm assuming the new flag is to flag episodes that are new to the

channel and not ones that are old but not yet recorded.  Ideally I'd love to leave a series recording until I have caught all episodes with only one successful copy of each.

If you choose the option to "Skip episodes already in my library" then that is exactly what it does.