Live TV has stopped

rikiwi

As of yesterday I have absolutely no live TV in all Emby apps and the server.

However scheduled recording are still taking place.

I'm using NPVR  back-end, and this is still working perfectly. I have made no changes.

All Emby apps and server are the latest Beta versions.

By observing the NPVR Device Status window is show that Emby is using 1 of my 3 tuners but the result is as follows:

Android app - spinning icon

Emby Theater - no connection to the tuners

Emby Server - connects to tuner but no video and very stuttered, audio

In all cases the tuners do get released when closing each app

Please find attached 2 logs from the server.

I first deleted all previous logs then proceeded to record a channel for a few minutes, concurrently another channel was being recorded.

Let me know what else you need to try and track this down. 

I guess we won't be able to do the media probe anymore because it's taking so long with the next pvr stream that it's leading you to thinking that it's not working.

• Like 1

I may have to bite the bullet and get the HD Homerun, but they're still $249 NZD here, this is equivalent to $180 USD - ouch!! 

This morning after an update to the NPVR plugin, Live TV is working on the Server and and Emby Theater, BUT Not on the Android app.

Where can I find what improvements are made to new release of plugin updates like NPVR?

Once again thanks for you fast response. 

Happy2Play

I may have to bite the bullet and get the HD Homerun, but they're still $249 NZD here, this is equivalent to $180 USD - ouch!! 

This morning after an update to the NPVR plugin, Live TV is working on the Server and and Emby Theater, BUT Not on the Android app.

Where can I find what improvements are made to new release of plugin updates like NPVR?

Once again thanks for you fast response. 

Is this what you are looking for?

No you don't have to look at commits just go into the plugin catalog and look at the revision history for a plugin.

Hi,

Yes Thanks Luke !

The check you added really cleaned up my lousy hack of disabling the probe.

Sorry Luke, I knew revisions were there, I had a momentary lack of memory ☺️

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I reported this 2 days ago in the Server Test forum. But this is driving me nuts. For a very long time I've been able to watch live TV anywhere on my phone and tablet but this stopped recently. Luke mentioned about a probe taking too long and suggested I buy a HDHomerun instead of using my existing tuner cards but these have been working since Emby introduced live TV. As I am currently fighting bone cancer and can't always sit at my PC or in the lounge, I used to enjoy using emby to watch TV on my tablet whilst in bed. Im sorry if this has sounded too critical but I just wanted to indicate how important Emby Live TV is to me at the moment. Please let me know if any more logs are required.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Sorry Luke i missed the Android app log the other day.

Here is the current log after opening the app and selecting a channel in Live TV and letting it run (spinning logo) for about 3 minutes.

Also attached are the latest server and ffmpeg logs.

I hope this helps.

PS. I couldn't attach the Server log as is is too big (17,571 KB), even thou I have deleted all my previous attachments from my profile.

The transcoding attached does not match what is in the android log, meaning it's not the right one.

Sorry Luke, I chose the most recent one.

Attached are 2 earlier ones.

Hope these are more useful.

As in my previous posts here, Live TV stopped in the server and all Emby apps 2 days ago. After a NPVR plugin update, live TV began working again in the server and ET. But is still not working in the Android app.

Set recording are still working though.

What I'm doing:

1. Open android app (latest beta)

2. Click Live TV icon

3. Go to Guide

4. Select any channel (HD or SD)

5. Click the Play icon (green circle with white arrow)

6. Emby icon just keeps rotating,

Result:

No Live TV

1. NPVR device status window shows that it is connected to 1 of my tuners

2. Opening my C:/Temp folder shows that a .ts is created and grows in size each time I refresh.

3. After doing this post (6.40 mins) I noticed that the tuner had been disconnected.and live tv was not plying although I could open the .ts file and paly it in the windows Film & TV app.

I hope this info is of use.

I'll be away for a couple of days so may not be able to respond until I get home, although i can try remote desktop.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to report this problem again, but Live TV is still not working in the android App.

I have tested again using my Sony phone and Nexus 7 tablet.

I'm on all the latest Beta versions.

Live TV is still working in ET but HD channels are very intermittent while SD channels run OK. (just an observation)

Please find attached logs from the server and tablet.

Let me know if you need any more info.

i have not been able to reproduce this. Why don't you make your next pvr url available externally, then i can test using your tv streams. If you can do that then please PM me the next pvr url. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...