Emby for Kodi - Unable to Direct Play

osak00006
Go to solution Solved by osak00006,

osak00006

Hi Guys,

Out of the blue, I'm getting errors via Emby for Kodi stating Unable to Direct Play for all my TV shows. Oddly, Movies still seem to play OK. 

Logs are attached. Pulling my hair out, here...

Thanks for any help!

LOG:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6bw02nkbrcs6dk/01_KODI.log?dl=0

Edited by osak00006

Angelblue05

Why is your log so big? The only test necessary is capturing playback... I can't find the playback event for tv.

Anyway, it is always a path issue. Check your paths, make sure they are formatted correctly. Check network credentials/file and directory permissions.

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
osak00006

Why is your log so big? The only test necessary is capturing playback...

Anyway, it is always a path issue. Check your paths, make sure they are formatted correctly. Check network credentials/permissions.

I had the same question. I restarted Kodi, played a movie and TV show. That's all that was done before posting the log. I'm using LibrELEC. You pointed me in the right direction, but the solution was different... After updating Unraid, my TV share setting seems to have turned off exported my TV NFS share. Turning that back on fixed the problem. Thanks!

• Like 1

osak00006

Why is your log so big? The only test necessary is capturing playback... I can't find the playback event for tv.

Anyway, it is always a path issue. Check your paths, make sure they are formatted correctly. Check network credentials/file and directory permissions.

Unrelated quick follow up, does Emby for Kodi respect the advancedsettings.xml for cachemembuffersize etc? Or does it manage caching entirely on its own? 

e123enitan

Yes, Emby for Kodi lets Kodi handle the actual playback. The add-on just tells Kodi where to find the file.

@Angelblue, I have question on this " advancedsettings.xml for cachemembuffersize" since this is respected by E4K, any suggestions for optimum settings on LAN. I am using Easy Advance settings

Angelblue05

Sorry, this is the type of information you'll need to google. It's specific to your device, vs cpu, vs ram. But usually, default settings will be sufficient.

Do you encounter a lot of buffering? There's a clear explanation in the kodi advanced settings wiki, which will help you make an informed decision about what to set up for the best playback experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk