Scheduled Recordings / Recording History

netsyphon

netsyphon

Not sure if this is somewhere I cant see it but I am cutting over from MCE.. with 2 HD Homeruns and the wife factor is now in full critical effect.  There are a couple issues she is having adapting to the new setup.

-Recorded TV history, is there a way to see it?  Especially if there are errors, would be cool for it to try again but let you know via UI log

-Deleting shows, which we do often with Series, but not having to go back to the homepage after each deletion.  sometimes she binge watches and doesnt delete and then going back to delete is somewhat painful.  

-Having a skip ahead button/hotkey rather than dragging the slider in all clients

-ability to watch a live recording?  may be a longshot?

Thanks for your feedback and consideration!

netsyphon

OK, so we do now see a way to bulk delete, which is nice after enjoying the perpetual binge mode.  It still does return us to the homepage even after deleting one, which maybe fine if we were deleting all of something but I think that should be changed.

Recorded TV logs - Must have!

Recorded TV Priorities - Kardassians should never step on my walking dead!

Comskip integration?  EDL?

A webUI way to skip forward would be great - perhaps this is just hidden in the web client?

I tried MythTV this weekend, and its close but a real PITA and not very "graphical" as emby is!  Only real leg up is definitely the comskip and priorities.

Hi, yes we'll get there. We are working hard to build up our live tv features and I think all of these are good ideas.

You can already seek live tv back and forth in the web app by the way. 

• Like 1

netsyphon

Yeah, things are looking amazing right now, you guys have come so far in the last year I cant recommend this enough to my colleagues.  all my Pi's/shields are only running emby now, all in sync, which is great.  I am using the HDHR live tv plugin for now for the next to nothing live tv we actually watch.

how do you skip forward in webUI?  I found some old posts but they don't seem to do anything (skip fwd/back).  This is all with recorded shows/movies etc.

It's recently announced feature you can learn about here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-327-emby-server-308100-released/

Short answer is you don't generally seek forward until after you've seeked back to an earlier point. The web video player will display how much video is currently available for seeking. Please note it is not yet supported in all browsers. The announcement goes over which ones are covered.