Lost Ability To Record Live TV?

tscottsexton

tscottsexton

Since the last server upgrade, I no longer have a record button on any of my Live TV shows. Instead I have a big button to upgrade to Emby Premier.  Has the ability to record shows become a paid only feature?  I'm running Version 3.0.8200.0.

Also, If I click the ellipses, I get Record and Share.  If I click Record, I get a new window with basically the exact same thing as the screen shot. Any idea how to find out what's wrong?

5808f4bb2aed2_screenshot.jpg

Edited by tscottsexton

mastrmind11

Premiere feature only.  The devs are dumping a ton of time on the live tv/recording/timeshifting.  Best $ I've spent in quite some time.

tscottsexton

Was this announced somewhere ahead of time to warn folks that it was coming? If so, can someone point me to where these announcements are posted so I can stay informed and prepare for changes?

Edited by tscottsexton

mellomade

Series recordings were made part of Premiere from pretty early on - from its initial conception or very shortly afterward.  Almost a year ago now.  I cannot seem to find a specific mention about it in the Announcements but here is a post from last November concerning it:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27244-automated-series-recordings/?hl=premiere

In general though - the Announcements page on this forum or the blog is your best bet.

mellomade

I just tested this without a key and I can confirm that it doesn't even let you see the Record button.

8200 consolidated the recording functions with the previously separate series recording settings.  Maybe this is just an oversight that @@Luke can comment on.