View Options in Emby Theater?

PurposelyCryptic
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

PurposelyCryptic

Hi, and thanks for taking the time!

I feel like there is a really simple answer to this, but I'm just not seeing it, and various searches of the forums have left me none the wiser, so I'm giving up and asking for help:

I installed MBT (or ET, I guess) today for the first time since before it was relaunched - I used the now-legacy version a while back, and otherwise use Emby for WMC, but figured it had been out for long enough now to have stabilized, and wanted to see the new fanciness. And so far, it's pretty great!

...except for the life of me, I can't seem to find the View options  :(

I'm actually fairly embarrassed about this, I've been using MB/Emby since early version 2, and have never had any issues getting things configured, but despite having tried what feels like everything, I can't figure this out. I just want to set it to my long-loved List-Thumb-Details Library-Series-Episode configuration, and it's driving me nuts, since it was so simple in every other version, and I'll likely feel like an idiot for how simple it is here. I just can't seem to find the little button:

5807f8a7dd544_MBT1.png

There it is in the Legacy version, but

5807f92879565_mbt2.png

nothing here...

Can someone take pity on this sad fool and tell me what to press?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
PurposelyCryptic

That definitely explains why I had such a had time such a hard time finding it  :)

Thanks for the quick response - for some reason I didn't get a notify of it at the time, so I didn't see it until just now by chance. Will have to check my settings, probably checked/unchecked the wrong thing at some point.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
pjhaddock

Any updates on this being added? I'm attempting to switch from Kodi/Emby to using ET (in trial now that only plays 1 minute before I actually buy) but I like the list views. I'm not a fan of the big icons/folders/covers all over the place. Thanks!

jscoys

Yeah its very important for me too. Some of my users are using Emby Theatre and it's not easy for them to search a movie to watch when they have no idea of what watching... I mean that this menu is crucial, and hope Luke you're gonna implement sort (release date, added date...) and filters (by genres, years...), that is to say a complete functionality allowing to search efficiently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Volfan6415

i would love to see this view.  The current list view is horrible and makes browsing the collection when you dont know what you want to watch impossible.  Please implement the list view like the list view in the emby for wmc app.

• Like 1

Volfan6415

a567cdc677da6484abd115405aa29925.jpg

This was taken on my phone while remoted in which for some reason wouldn’t let me go full screen but I think you can see how the list view works. On the left is the list and on the right it shows the banner for the selected movie and then the synopsis of that movie below. This way as your browse the list you can easily see the synopsis without having to click on the movie. This is very helpful when browsing large collections when trying to decide on what movie you want to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volfan6415

I get that Emby theater has to scale across multiple screens and that view might not work well on mobile. Perhaps have the added info be toggleable and on Mobile when toggled on it would truncate the list and display in the red area?68dfd00d0763a1f1b3a27554ed6cd6fb.jpg

Whitaker64

I definitely think any options to sort would be awesome but with having bad eyesight the list view isba definite killer for me, I definitely need the larger thumbs please,❣️

Edited by Whitaker64

Whitaker64

I appreciate that you answered so quickly. Truthfully, no I haven't seen anything as of yet..lol..I am new here and just getting started and not enough time or experience it appears to do what's needed. I was just following the conversation and must have got confused, was just stating those were 2 things I thought were very important for my viewing ad thought it was said above that there was no sorting available!Sorry for the confusion! I have Roku TV's and have yet figure out how to start on a server and/or what I would need to use Emby or Emby Beta before or after that point as I am reluctant to risk my television's stability to try anything so anyone that is willing to help would be appreciated. I'm willing to just pay for premiere if that is the answer?

Emby or Emby Beta

Hi, well this is an easy one. You use the beta server and/or apps if you want to help test and troubleshoot preview releases. If that's not what you want do do, then use the stable releases.

• 5 months later...
Volfan6415

Not yet but I've been starting to plan it out for hopefully the near future. Thanks.

Thanks! Now that photo screensaver has been implemented this is the last WAF factor for me to switch fully to Emby Theater from WMC + EMBY for WMC.

Edited by Volfan6415

• 5 months later...
Volfan6415

Just posting back to see what the progress is on this. It looks like the android app may have already had this for awhile now?  And the roku app has something similar on the home screen....

5edfa4778446e_embylistview.jpg

Volfan6415

Possible? Earlier posts made it seem like this was more firmly on the roadmap. Quite frankly I think this needs to be a must have. Maybe I’m alone in thinking this. But I can’t think I am. Especially since the WMC version of the app had this, which correct me if I’m wrong but that one of the oldest app versions, right?