Can Emby trigger a Kodi library update?

TechLife
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

TechLife

Is it possible to have Emby trigger a Kodi library update when it completes it's own scan?  Currently I have Sonarr triggering a Emby scan after a download completes which works fine.  It would be nice to then have Emby notify my Kodi box to run a library scan after.  If I have Sonarr do it, it happens before the nfo file is created and I am using "local info only" so the new video doesn't show up and I have to initiate the scan manually.  WAF would go up a point if she didn't have to push the button. :)

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but I couldn't find anything specific since I am not using Emby for Kodi.

CBers

As soon as you open Kodi, it will sync from Emby.

If you leave Kodi always running, it will keep in sync as Emby updates.

You could also try installing the Emby for Kodi Quick Sync plugin, but the above should work.

How do you get Sonarr to start an Emby library scan?

If you have Real-Time monitoring enabled in Emby server, you shouldn't need to run a library scan.

im85288

Yes install the plugin as mentioned above on your server and changes are pushed to Kodi as they become available.

Whoops just read your last line..."your not using Emby for Kodi", there lies your problem.

If you want this to be automatic use Emby for Kodi else you will always need to push that button :)

• Like 1

e123enitan

It does, I have sonarrs, once it complete and update emby, if Kodi is online it will auto update, or when next Kodi launched and successfully connect with emby, Kodi will start sync to reflect emby latest update via Sonarr.

Make sure you have installed "Fast Startup Sync (Server Plugin)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23971-fast-startup-sync-server-plugin/

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

As soon as you open Kodi, it will sync from Emby.

If you leave Kodi always running, it will keep in sync as Emby updates.

You could also try installing the Emby for Kodi Quick Sync plugin, but the above should work.

How do you get Sonarr to start an Emby library scan?

If you have Real-Time monitoring enabled in Emby server, you shouldn't need to run a library scan.

In Sonarr somewhere in the setup requires emby Api, once you have created a API in emby and input into Sonarr, it triggered emby library to update completed download files, the process is simple. 

Angelblue05

As others stated, nothing can be done here, since you are not using Emby for Kodi.

It sounds maybe like a server feature request. Since sonarr is able to accomplish something like this, I think the server should be able to as well. Now it's just a matter of posting here and seeing if your request is a popular one: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/98-feature-requests/

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Luke

I thought the content needed to go through the Emby scan before it should be added to Kodi?

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution

Well yes I guess if he's relying on emby to create NFOs. I guess the answer here is we already have this feature and that is the emby for kodi add-on. I really can't see us putting effort into two different ways of doing the same thing. But you can create a feature request topic, and maybe a community member might like to help build a server plugin to do it.

• Like 1

TechLife

Wow!  Thanks for all of the answers and the discussion.

@@Luke - I am relying on Emby to create the nfo.  I'll checkout the plug-in.  I may have misunderstood it's purpose and function when I originally looked at it a couple years ago.

Edited by TechLife

TechLife

Okay.  I get it.  That would definitely be redundant as is the way I have been managing my library.  I was under the way wrong impression of how Emby for Kodi works.  I'm off to play with new stuff!  Thanks!

• Like 2