screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

Chippie

Thanks for compatibility screenplay for webos 1  (on my TV 65UB950)!!!

I wait with impatience this new update.

Tv are getting bigger and we are many to have many movies.
And I think having the ability to display a third line would further improve the ease of use.

Also in the visual all the movies having left and right buttons to change directly from page would be a plus.

Edited by Chippie

I'm going to start a poll soon to help me prioritize the next round of screenplay enhancements.  Here's what's under consideration currently:

• "binge watch" option for TV series: when an episode finishes, screenplay will automatically start a countdown for the next unwatched episode.
  • Alternate Audio Track support
  • Collection Grouping support
  • Music Library support
  • Photo Library support
  • Live TV support
  • List mode option for collection detail screen (replaces index search)
  • Filter capability on collection detail screen (genre etc...)
  • collection detail screen remembers its position 
  • more relevant content on collection summary screens
  • Add "checked" button on Item detail screen to toggled watched state

What other enhancements would you like to see on this list?

@@kwilcox

1.) List mode option definitely for the media's

2.) Perhaps increase the number of recently added media. Probably shrink the poster size a little so that you can show more there

3.) Since its kinda like a wish list - toggle subtitles colour and toggle audio language

Edited by Jonz

johnbury

Started this post in error.  How do I delete a post?

Cheers

Edited by johnbury

Didier3L

Bonjour,

Je découvre Screenplay et le serveur Emby.

Merci d'avoir développé cette application pour les utilisateurs WebOs :)

Par contre je n'ai pas trouvé comment activer les sous-titres de mes videos MKV ?

Hello,

I discovered Screenplay and the Emby server.

Thank you for developing this application for WebOs users

On the other hand I did not find how to activate the subtitles of my videos MKV?

cmarques
Hi all,

another enhancement sugestion ^_^

-set the screemplay to be able to play movie trailers before the main movie, thus enhancing the playback experience.

This option should be previously set on emby server,  you can to turn on a plugin to get trailers automacally, and you can also download your own and put it into the media folders, thus the server will send it to the player.

Of course, the player should be able to read and play these trailers.

cheers

kwilcox

Bonjour,

Je découvre Screenplay et le serveur Emby.

Merci d'avoir développé cette application pour les utilisateurs WebOs :)

Par contre je n'ai pas trouvé comment activer les sous-titres de mes videos MKV ?

Hello,

I discovered Screenplay and the Emby server.

Thank you for developing this application for WebOs users

On the other hand I did not find how to activate the subtitles of my videos MKV?

Please check post #3 for how to set up subtitles.  Details are in the v1.1.7 release notes about a third of the way down.

kwilcox

It looks like I'm going to be grouping the next round enhancements into three major categories:

Collection Detail Screens

• On all items screens, add filter selection (genre, age classification, year added etc) and view option (detailed or boxart) at the top.
  • remember position of last view (All items and Series items)

Binge watch feature

• add checked box on Item detail screen to toggle played status
  • Display "Next Up" item detail screen after playing finishes normally

Alternate Audio Support

• assign option to color key in remote control settings
  • pressing color key toggles alternate audio (need to check emby server to see if these tracks work like subtitles, otherwise I'll present a radio button popup to allow alternate audio track selection).

Sadly, I cannot style subtitles easily so size and color are pretty much static.  Live TV will also be difficult because it will change screenplay's rating with LG unless I specifically disallow external mediasources which pretty much nixes IP TV support.

Also, screenplay's implementation of the alternate audio feature will be dependent on the level of LG support which I haven't fully researched yet.   Screenplay depends on the HTML5 <video> tag so the LG interface would have to support multi-track containers.  Given LG's bad WebM support, I wouldn't be surprised if this would make it a non-starter.

Based on this and your feedback, It looks like I'll prioritize binge watching and collection screen changes for the next release.  If you need alternate audio, then a tool like MKVToolNix can be used to set audio track priorities within MKV containers.  I suspect most of you are already doing this...  I am planning on testing alternate track support out however to see if I can enumerate in-band audio tracks in screenplay.  If that works then I'll include track support in the release as well.

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

Didier3L

Subtitles must be contained in an external file whose format is supported by emby server.  Subtitle files must be stored with the video that they apply to.  Emby server has a subtitle download feature to help you find subtitle files.

Je n'ai que des videos MKV avec des sous titres intégrés

I only have MKV videos with built-in subtitles :wacko:

cmarques

It looks like I'm going to be grouping the next round enhancements into three major categories:

Collection Detail Screens

• On all items screens, add filter selection (genre, age classification, year added etc) and view option (detailed or boxart) at the top.
  • remember position of last view (All items and Series items)

Binge watch feature

• add checked box on Item detail screen to toggle played status
  • Display "Next Up" item detail screen after playing finishes normally

Alternate Audio Support

• assign option to color key in remote control settings
  • pressing color key toggles alternate audio (need to check emby server to see if these tracks work like subtitles, otherwise I'll present a radio button popup to allow alternate audio track selection).

hi @@kwilcox, it's sounds great! 
of course we all are here to taste the new features and provide you all feedback and support. ^_^

Now I want to give a tip to everybody.
Perhaps it might not be a novelty for most, but here it goes anyway. :P

For those who have a smartphone powered by Android with a Giroscope sensor, you can install the mobile remote control app of this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgerp.mobilemagicremote, and you'll have a fully functional Magic Remote control.
It works just like the real magic remote including gestures to control the mouse pointer. B)
Give it a try and see it working by yourself.

cheers
  • Like 1

kwilcox

Je n'ai que des videos MKV avec des sous titres intégrés

I only have MKV videos with built-in subtitles :wacko:

There are extraction tools out there that you can use, or use Emby Server's built in ability to find subtitles.  While logged into the emby management web client, choose "Edit Subtitles" for the movie you want external subtitles for.  Again, post 3 talks about this in detail.  You need to choose a subtitle file with the right queue times or the subtitles will be out of sync with the movie.  For this reason, its always best to extract subtitles from the mkv container since those have the correct queue times.

Edited by kwilcox

Chippie

The random wallpaper in each folder is really nice, but when you scroll through the movies to choose what one is going to watch it makes a rough draft and it is hard to focus on each cover.

It would be nice to create a button to disable the wallpaper punctually.

Edited by Chippie

cmarques

The random wallpaper in each folder is really nice, but when you scroll through the movies to choose what one is going to watch it makes a rough draft and it is hard to focus on each cover.

It would be nice to create a button to disable the wallpaper punctually.

Hi guy, sorry i think I didn't got it what you trying to explain.
What you mean with "it makes a rough draft and it is hard to focus on each cover"?

What is on the enhancement's queue (not this one that  kwilcox exposed to everybody some posts ago) is to sync the backdrop image with the movie select, so, when you navigate through the movie gallery, the backdrop will changing according to every movie, serie, etc.

this was discussed in past, but perhaps @@kwilcox could bring us this enhancement soon.

Kipperdawn

Hi Kwilcox,

Like everyone else, I just want to say - thanks, your app is amazing and love it.... At least someone is supporting LG :)

I do have a question though, when Direct play is set to "On", everything works but if I set Direct play to "Off", then when i go to stream a show it just sits there indefinitely and nothing happens. I have a newer tv - LG UHD7650. Ironically, I would have expected it the other way. Not a big deal as direct streaming is nice, but thought it might be nice not having direct streaming incase there is a file the tv can't handle.... 

thx in advance and great work.

Kipperdawn

It will take a few seconds, but it will show the duration of the show... but just sits on zero... I will take a screenshot tomorrow if that helps ?

Kipperdawn

Hi Kwilcox,

Here are some screen captures... Along with a few more details that may or may not help. As mentioned, when direct play is on, everything works great. When direct play is off, the tv never seems to see the stream. It gets the total time of the show after a few seconds, but that is it... it just sits there. Looking at the console in emby though, it thinks it is streaming, but via direct play, when I would have expected it to say direct streaming. If you need anything else, like server logs, let me know.

thx again.

58d9b591d919e_direct_play_on_tv.jpg

58d9b61eef4a5_direct_play_on_emby_dashbo

58d9b6553d64c_direct_play_off_tv.jpg

58d9b6610457c_direct_play_off_emby_dashb

58d9b67239af6_direct_play_off_settings.j

Cruise

Not sure if you are aware of this bug but when I go through movies. It won't show an image for collections. Plus the cursor outline for the collection doesn't correctly line up. I am running off a webos 1.4 tv.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruise

mastrmind11

Not sure if you are aware of this bug but when I go through movies. It won't show an image for collections. Plus the cursor outline for the collection doesn't correctly line up. I am running off a webos 1.4 tv.

Collections are not supported yet.  It's on the to-do list.

Cruise

Collections are not supported yet. It's on the to-do list.

Well that explains it. I have been out of the loop for so long, so I missed a bit.

kwilcox

@@Kipperdawn try lowering the video bitrate way down.  Does it work then?  I've seen an issue with some videos where streaming just stops on a high bitrate source.

Kipperdawn

Hi Kwilcox,

Thx for the info. As per your direction, I tried playing around with the video bit rate settings... first off, I assume that 10000000 = 10 MBit/s. If that is correct, the only setting that kind of worked was 1 MBit/s. I tried 10 MBit and it just hangs. I tried below 1 MBit it hangs. At 1 MBit/s, it at least tries. Despite what the dashboard in emby is saying, I am fairly certain it is trying to transcode (see attached image for dashboard with screenplayer set to 1000000 - emby says it is directly playing). When i have it set to 1MBit, it takes a bit but it will start to steam. I was able to see ~11 seconds worth of video, then a very long pause, then ~11 seconds more, then a long pause, etc... it did this for about 1 min or less (depending on attempt) in playtime before it just hangs permanently again. I also don't under stand the pauses between played video. In the image, you can see the server is ahead of where the playtime is, so it shouldn't be a question of the server not keeping up. I can't see it being a network issue to the TV as direct play works great and i have many shows with a video bitrate above 15 MBit/s that play without issue.

Anything else you would like me to try ?

58dc567c11751_1MBit.jpg

thx

kp

anderbytes

Have you enabled transcoding checkboxes (for audio and video) in user profile configurations?