screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

johnbury

No worries... your English is far better than my Afrikaans (or any other language come to that, unfortunately)!

Cheers

Just a question, is there a way to install the Screenplay app via a thumbdrive or something?

You can only install it via the WebOs ide unfortunately. You have to put you TV in developer mode. Look at the first post if you are interested. You only need the ide. You don't need the emulator.

kwilcox

Just a question, is there a way to install the Screenplay app via a thumbdrive or something?

That's an oft asked question.  It used to be that LG had a signing service that allowed developers to sign their apps.  They could then distribute the ipk files which could be loaded on a thumbdrive by beta testers.  LG changed that with the introduction of WebOS2 sadly.

That's an oft asked question.  It used to be that LG had a signing service that allowed developers to sign their apps.  They could then distribute the ipk files which could be loaded on a thumbdrive by beta testers.  LG changed that with the introduction of WebOS2 sadly.

Understand. Thought that would only apply to apps that was under development, was thinking perhaps those that got published would have an easier route for installation. 

Anyways, i don't see Screenplay in my region as well - Malaysia 

Looking forward to the new version being pushed out globally

kwilcox

The latest version is 1.1.3.  It is in QA currently, has direct play, and will be available globally for WebOS2 and greater.  Based on past QA turnaround times, I expect LG to start looking at it early next week.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

The current version won't work on WebOS1.0 because that platform lacks support for several HTLM5 features that screenplay depends on.

kwilcox

...1) In my setup,when I first navigate to my TV series, and select 'all tv', I cannot scroll to the end of my library using the left / right arrows. It stops after 25 arrow clicks. If I then click on an index letter (to move my selection on), I can then navigate all entries backwards and forwards. The limitation seems only when I first enter the 'all tv' view...

FYI I fixed this issue over the weekend and pushed the update to the repo.  It'll get in on the next QA cycle.

Edited by kwilcox

The current version won't work on WebOS1.0 because that platform lacks support for several HTLM5 features that screenplay depends on.

Although it works fine for me on my 1.x 2014 model... @@joaorsfonseca what are the exact versions of the software (WebOS) your TV is running?

kwilcox

Although it works fine for me on my 1.x 2014 model... @@joaorsfonseca what are the exact versions of the software (WebOS) your TV is runni

Didn't you say that your TV received a WebOS2.0 "compatibility" update?  LG did this for WebOS1.0 TVs that came out just before they released WebOS2.0.  I've been unable to get many of screenplay's features working on the WebOS1.0 emulator.

Edited by kwilcox

I did, yeah, and wondered if that might also apply in this other guy's case.

What were the things that weren't working in the emulator? I think pretty much everything is working well for me now, particularly with Direct Play, and your latest release :-)

kwilcox

Lack of HLS support is the major problem and I don't think that it supports the LG mediaOption extension to the source tag type parameter.  If I ever find a way to query the platform for WebOS version, I suppose it would be possible to remove HLS as an option if running on WebOS1.0 but I'm not a big fan of the idea.  I pretty much want to keep focused on WebOS platforms with native support for all features.

Edited by kwilcox

joaorsfonseca

Although it works fine for me on my 1.x 2014 model... @@joaorsfonseca what are the exact versions of the software (WebOS) your TV is running?

I'm currently running on WebOS version 1.4.0-2320 (afro-ashley)

Also.. Software version is 05.05.01

Same as yours?

Edited by joaorsfonseca

Same as yours?

Pretty much, yeah - there was a slightly newer version available to download on the website, which Netflix support got me to manually install as part of a support issue I had with them, but it was a very minor update; this worked fine before and after.

@@kwilcox I guess it will be interesting to see whether it does indeed appear in the store for us when you've sorted out the WebOS version stuff

kwilcox

Cool new feature added: auto 3D format selection!  In emby edit info, there's a movie info property you can set called "3DFormat". screenplay now recognizes "HTAB" (Half Top and Bottom) and "HSBS" (Half Side by Side) formats.  Just set your 3D movie appropriately and screenplay will use LG mediaOptions to automatically switch your TV to the correct format.

Once your TV knows which 3D format is being used, you can use the 3D button to toggle between 2D and 3D modes and your TV will show the 2D image correctly.

Capture16-vi.png

Edited by kwilcox

Interesting - I had named mine appropriately so Emby would detect it as 3D, but don't remember seeing this field before. Mine is set to HSBS, so should be handled by this.

Does it only work for the "H" versions and not the "F" versions? (FSBS and FTAB) They should be the same, it's essentially just a question of aspect ratio...

kwilcox

LG doesn't have a mediaOption setting equivalent to FTAB for some reason so I left both it and FSBS out  until I could find something to test with.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

they have a "side by side" and a "side by side full" setting.  The difference is that one encodes width wise and the other encodes framewise.  I'll add the FSBS -> "side by side full" mapping.

kwilcox

I've also added another enhancement: "Continue Watching" Items on the Home screen will not be shown if their last played date is > 3 days ago.  

cmarques

I've also added another enhancement: "Continue Watching" Items on the Home screen will not be shown if their last played date is > 3 days ago.  

Interesting, but I think it be cooler if it was part of the settings, so we can define how many days the item be considered out of the "continue watching" list.

What you think?