screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

kwilcox

@@kwilcox can you not add this app to all locations? Emby is used in all countries.

Some regions have special controls.  It was a real Pita to get it approved for Brazil.  You literally have to go region by region and there are a hundred or so....

johnbury

Great work! 

I have been following this thread for about a week (since tripping over it while trying to find out why my new LG TV keeps dropping off Emby's list of DLNA devices).  I installed it as soon as it made it to the store.  Really pleased thus far!

Cheers

kwilcox

LG got back to me and told me how to change the QA version to Global Service Area support.  I have done that, cancelled the current QA version, and re-submitted a new version for QA.  So, screenplay v1.1.1 now awaiting QA, should be available on WebOS 2.0 and greater in all service areas if it gets accepted.

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 2

LG got back to me and told me how to change the QA version to Global Service Area support.  I have done that, cancelled the current QA version, and re-submitted a new version for QA.  So, screenplay v1.1.1 now awaiting QA, should be available on WebOS 2.0 and greater in all service areas if it gets accepted.

Great, can you tell me if it's already available in the store in Brazil?

Kavalera

Is this mean that it will be available in whole world?

Изпратено от моят LG-H815 с помощта на Tapatalk

cmarques

Is this mean that it will be available in whole world?

Изпратено от моят LG-H815 с помощта на Tapatalk

This is the idea.

• Like 1

kwilcox

I'm expecting a reject here btw because some areas might require native language support.  If that is the case, once I have the list, I'll eliminate those regions and resubmit.  Right now, settings are hardcoded to english.

johnbury

@@kwilcox

I am really enjoying the work you have done. Do you want any odd behaviours reporting in this thread?

If so, here's what I have noted thus far plus any questions

1) In my setup,when I first navigate to my TV series, and select 'all tv', I cannot scroll to the end of my library using the left / right arrows. It stops after 25 arrow clicks. If I then click on an index letter (to move my selection on), I can then navigate all entries backwards and forwards. The limitation seems only when I first enter the 'all tv' view

2) is shaking the controller (to wake up the controller pointer) the only way to get the play / pause buttons?

3). The progress scroll bar in the play / pause area doesn't allow moving backward or forward through a program For me any attempt to use it restarts the current episode

4) although the 'watched program/series' tick s displayed appropriately, there is no 'unwatched episodes' count on program/season icons. Empty seasons and those with unwatched content therefore look the same

All a bit nit picky, but there you go FWIW!

Keep up the great work

Regards

John

kwilcox

Hey thanks!  This is the official support thread for screenplay so here's where any issues that are uncovered should be posted. 

• I'm aware of 1) already but have been too lazy to fix since I also found the "moving to the index first" workaround lol.  Since soemebody else noticed I guess I'll have to have a look.
  • For 2) you can define a color button to bring up player controls but you still need the mouse pointer active to use.  There's a button on the right side under the arrow keys for mine that brings up the pointer.  Also, you can stop a playing video by hitting the back (curved arrow pointing left) button.   
  • 3) this can be picky but it should work; I use it a lot on my webOS2 TV.  Try it with direct play off and on.  Is the behavior different?
  • 4) I don't think emby server has an "unwatched" icon but I can check.  screenplay does show new items in the catalog summary screen along with recently viewed and recommended categories.  Order is random however because its a callback function.
Edited by kwilcox

#4) &UnplayedCount=item.UserData.UnplayedItemCount

• Like 1

johnbury

Ok, thanks for quick reply.

I'll try all of your suggestions / solutions and will get back to you.

Yes, I know there isn't an 'unwatched' icon, but EMBY shows a count of 'to be watched' episodes on a season 'icon' and a grand total in the series icon

Cheers

John

johnbury

Also (by the way), I'm using the LG Store version (1.0.7?) so. Don't think I have direct play. I can wait!

Another observation is that I also get some odd sound artefacts... high pitch 'cheeps' such that my wife asked if I could hear birds. They happen randomly during most playbacks. I will forward file types if that helps.

Cheers

John

kwilcox

I think I found the seek bug btw.  In webOS3 video.duration returns NaN (undefined value) if the video is paused.  That's a bug on their end that I can work around however.  Does your seekbar show something like "NaN:NaN" in the elapsed time area when you are dragging the seek bar?  When its working correctly, elapsed time should change as you drag the seek bar around.

I can't help your sound "chirps" unfortunately.  HTML5 audio decoding is handled by LG.  I just set up the <video> tag and hand it over to WebOS.  

Where in Lancashire are you btw?  I lived in Rochdale when I was a kid :)

Edited by kwilcox

johnbury

Hi

Tried the seek thing again, and yes it does display NaN:NaN/N

Hope that helps

Cheers

John

Also (by the way), I'm using the LG Store version (1.0.7?) so. Don't think I have direct play. I can wait!

Another observation is that I also get some odd sound artefacts... high pitch 'cheeps' such that my wife asked if I could hear birds. They happen randomly during most playbacks. I will forward file types if that helps.

Cheers

John

That will not happen when you have direct play. I have the same sound glitches when using streaming.

Edited by Brazer

By the way Brazer, I'm so glad you have the same issues with auto-correct that I do!!

Cheers

Was not auto-correct, I am just a lousy speller and English is not my first language. Afrikaans is :)