screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

kwilcox

...aaand v1.1.0 was submitted for QA today as well.  Direct Play is coming soon to an LG store near your TV lol.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

Well, looks like initial version will be available on WebOS 3 only.  LG changed the SDK descriptors so the entered SDK version now defines the minimum platform version.  So even though I'm using SDK 3.0, to develop with, I have to choose SDK 2.0 on the app submission form to get WebOS 2 and > platform exposure.

Hopefully they can change the designation but I'm not holding out.  They will probably need to QA it on a WebOS 2.0 device.  So, I've got 1.1.0 in with SDK 2.0 checked.  

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques
are you serious??  :blink:

so, maybe this explain why LG app store says I have no compatible devices with this app.

I was so anxious to get in home and check the app store  :(

kwilcox

I noticed the same thing myself when I went to the store and looked.  Sure enough, it wasn't in the app store for my TV either.  It looks like @Brazer and other new TV owners are going to be the big winners here. 

kwilcox

Ha!  How about the Glass half full view @cmarques:  

• Primary testing for this app was on our WebOS 2 TVs so this should breeze through QA
  • It'll be a nice holiday present :)
  • Brazer should be happy (although he really wants autologin lol)
  • Lots of people with WebOS 3 TVs are going to be able to use screenplay/provide feedback!
  • You wanted direct play anyway!
Edited by kwilcox

Yip it's available on my app store and installed it but like @@kwilcox said it does not have direct play and the library only support 5 and I have 9, so I am still running the developer version.  :)

Edited by Brazer

Will this be available on the Australian store? Also would it work for the webOS 1.0 tv's that were upgraded to 2.0 or only the 2.0 built tvs. 

kwilcox

Yes, I can add Australia to the supported service regions on the next submission.  We are hoping the answer will be yes to your second question as well. It would be nice if the store website listed more details about the apps such as supported version because then you could do some research on it. 

kwilcox

Yip it's available on my app store and installed it but like @@kwilcox said it does not have direct play and the library only support 5 and I have 9, so I am still running the developer version.  :)

Does the store on your TV correctly list this forum as the support site?

kwilcox

17 downloads so far according to LG's seller portal but it doesn't look like its updated in real time.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

I'll add Italy to the list.  Ppl, PM me if you want your region added and you don't see it on post #3 of this thread.

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

Darkjeje

Hello @@kwilcox

Congratulation for all your work !!!

Do you have add France to your list ? ;)

I have a TV LG with WebOS 2.0.

Thanks for your help !!!

Does the store on your TV correctly list this forum as the support site?

Congratulation @@kwilcox !!! Screenplay has made the Hot list. Yes it does list this form as the support site.

584316c98563d_WhatsAppImage20161203at205

58431773e4d40_WhatsAppImage20161203at205

• Like 1

I'll add Italy to the list.  Ppl, PM me if you want your region added and you don't see it on post #3 of this thread.

@@kwilcox can you not add this app to all locations? Emby is used in all countries.

Edited by Brazer

jaytea33

Awesome!  I bought an LG on Black Friday and I've been checking this thread daily to see when it's officially released.  Just streamed Planet Earth II from my Emby server perfectly.  kwilcox you are amazing.