Changing the notification/message display time

DG3IL5
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi there,

There is a nice "send message" function build into Emby's Server 'Now Playing' screen, which allows to send a text message to any online client. I will be really glad if you can help me to change the default display time (3~4s) used by Kodi to make it a little bit longer since the message disappears way too quickly for my use. Seems that the GUI.ShowNotification  function of Kodi allows to define the display time as an optional parameter.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Angelblue05

Right now it's set to display for 4 seconds. I've increased it to 7 seconds for the next beta release. An announcement will be made when the new release is built and ...well released. ;) Let me know if 7 seconds is better for you, at that time. 

Hi Angelblue,

That's very nice of you, thanks a lot! 7 seconds is far better to my taste at that time, but it will be even better if i'm able to customize that display time by myself editing the appropriate file. Is this parameter hidden at the server side, or into one of the python script of the Kodi plugin? Can you point me into the right direction, so i can customize this by myself without bothering anybody, especially you?

Thanks again for what you've already done :)

Best regards 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You'll have to change the file every time there's an update. It just seems odd to make it a setting. Maybe it should be a preset server dashboard admin setting: how long to display remote control notifications for... :)

The file to change is websocket_client.py, line 237. The time is in ms.

• Like 1

That's perfect, thank you so much. I was looking at the server side... could have taken me a while :P

Indeed, some presets will be nice in the dashboard. But for now, i will modified the parameter at every update (nothing too restrictive though).

Thanks again for your precious help.

Regards

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok... it's just usually it will be an admin message therefore, the receiving end should not be able to change how long it displays for...

@@Luke any chance of a global server setting to control how long messages should display on screen? This way, all clients could be uniform for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

I made it a setting (under extras > server message > Display message) for next build. The default value will be 4 seconds as it originally was. I hope a server settings will be created eventually.

• Like 1