Sort TV shows by user rating

Mathemagier

Mathemagier

Hello,

I don't know if this is a bug, but my TV series are not sortable by user rating, e.g. from IMDB or TVDB. The tvshow.nfo files are from Kodi and contain the <rating> tag, which is also properly shown in Emby. 

But neither "sort by rating" nor "sort by critics" will sort the series by this value. 

I use the android TV version of Emby (1.2.66g) on Shield TV.

Thanks in advance for an answer and your effort. 

Andreas

Sort by Rating sorts by the parental rating and I just confirmed that is working.

Sort by Critic Rating, however, is not working properly.

Luke, I think this may be a server-side issue.  Here is the query:

http://192.168.1.143:8096/emby/Users/7d5117c2349a48149a0cd076486abab2/Items?Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio&recursive=true&sortOrder=Descending&Limit=150&SortBy=CriticRating&IncludeItemTypes=Series&ParentId=a052b8305c8a4697ba0a36df54e9aa13&format=json

Mathemagier

So is this a bug? Sort by Critic Rating was intended to sort by the <rating> tag, right? No other tag is used?

Maybe this post can be moved to the server section? Thank you

• 5 months later...
adam1010

Is there a workaround for this? I'm trying to sort my TV Shows by IMDB rating on my Android TV/Shield. However, changing the sort to "Critic Rating" does not work as expected.

Since it works in the regular Android phone app and on the Emby web player, can we not rule out a server-related issue?  I'm new to Emby so I'm not sure of the best practices for getting a bug report filed with the developers.

adam1010

Example:   Game of Thrones (9.5 IMDB), True Detective (9.1) and Westworld (9.0) should be the order (from left to right) across the top row of the TV series list.  This is the order they appear when I sort them on my Android phone Emby app and on my Emby web player.

When I sort by "Critic Rating" on my Android TV app, the sort order is:  The Last Ship (7.5) then Murder in the First (7.3) then The Simpsons (8.8) then Crossing Lines (7.4).   Game of Thrones is in the 10th position

adam1010

The two sort by options I see are "Rating" and "Critic Rating". The regular "Rating" sort is broken too. 

For the regular "Rating" sort the order it gives is: APB (IMDB 7.2), Cupcake Wars (5.8) and then Shark Tank (7.5)

"Rating" = Official/MPAA Rating (R, PG, etc.)

"Critic Rating" = Rotten Tomatoes as those are the only critic ratings we have at this time.

The other ratings are "Community Rating" and there is no sort for that right now in this app.

So I guess that solves that mystery... :).  I apologize for the confusion.

adam1010

That makes more sense, thanks!

When I sort by "Critic Rating" (aka Rotten Tomatoes Rating), Bates Motel (91%) is showing before Game of Thrones (95%).   I'm not seeing  a "Critic Rating" entry in the Metadata manager so I can't confirm those are the values that Emby is seeing.

Where is the correct place to add a "Feature Request" to add an "IMDB Rating" (aka Community Rating) sort option like the other apps have?

That makes more sense, thanks!

When I sort by "Critic Rating" (aka Rotten Tomatoes Rating), Bates Motel (91%) is showing before Game of Thrones (95%).  

Be sure that it is really the order you think it is.  The grid scrolls horizontally so the order is:

1 4 7 ...

2 5 8 ...

3 6 9 ...

Where is the correct place to add a "Feature Request" to add an "IMDB Rating" (aka Community Rating) sort option like the other apps have?

It is already on the radar.  Thanks.

adam1010

Glad to hear the feature is on the roadmap. You may want to consider renaming "Rating" to "Content Rating" while you're in there.

Bates Model (91%) and Game of Thrones (95%) are both on the first row, so that makes the problem even worse if the ordering goes vertically first and then horizontally.