XPEnology Users Read Me

solabc16

RobsterUK

As an early adopter of Emby on an Xpenology system running DSM 5.2 5967 for about 4 years.
Just wanted to report that I have finally upgraded my NAS.

I actually purchased new hardware and migrated the whole system, by backup & restore methods.
So I am now running DSM 6.2.3 25426. I've installed the .Net 4.5.2 server using the x64 .spk (Intel i38100 CPU) without a hitch!

Not sure if anyone else is still on DSM 5.2 there may have been some others early days.
This may affect future development if you no longer have to consider the older DSM versions. I'm sure there used to be a thread somewhere about which version members were running, but I can't find it.

11 minutes ago, RobsterUK said:

As an early adopter of Emby on an Xpenology system running DSM 5.2 5967 for about 4 years.
Just wanted to report that I have finally upgraded my NAS.

I actually purchased new hardware and migrated the whole system, by backup & restore methods.
So I am now running DSM 6.2.3 25426. I've installed the .Net 4.5.2 server using the x64 .spk (Intel i38100 CPU) without a hitch!

Not sure if anyone else is still on DSM 5.2 there may have been some others early days.
This may affect future development if you no longer have to consider the older DSM versions. I'm sure there used to be a thread somewhere about which version members were running, but I can't find it.

Hi, that's great info, thanks ! 

• 4 weeks later...
ltworf13

Hi All hoping someone can help me here. 

DS3615xs
DSM 6.1.7-15284 2018/05/19

INTL Core i3

Running Emby Server Version 4.4.3.0, with remove enabled

My problem is my family members remotely constantly getting kicked out or can't connect at all one minute then fine the next after a reboot my server. How can I troubleshoot the issue. I see that there's a message on the Dashboard that there's a new version but my thoughts are that if this is an issue now I don't think an updated version with solve this. I could be wrong LOL. Please help, my family members that are using this can't afford cable so I opened up my Emby server to help them out

Sounds to me your server and/or upload connection cannot handle the amount of data your family is trying to watch. If they are transcoding then your server is having to work more so will slow things down. Have you trialled different bitrates for the remote users and check in dashboard for stats on stream?

ltworf13
1 hour ago, DJIemby said:

Sounds to me your server and/or upload connection cannot handle the amount of data your family is trying to watch. If they are transcoding then your server is having to work more so will slow things down. Have you trialled different bitrates for the remote users and check in dashboard for stats on stream?

Can you tell me please how to set their bitrates. I'm on gigabyte plan. however, I'll do a speed test maybe there's an issue with my ISP. What should the setting be for the transcode. I've tried a few settings but to be honest I have no idea what each setting is doing. I did see once that one user was showing direct play and the other was transcoding. But when they can't even connect what should I be troubleshooting/setting for that, please and thank you in advance :)

ltworf13
58 minutes ago, ltworf13 said:

Can you tell me please how to set their bitrates. I'm on gigabyte plan. however, I'll do a speed test maybe there's an issue with my ISP. What should the setting be for the transcode. I've tried a few settings but to be honest I have no idea what each setting is doing. I did see once that one user was showing direct play and the other was transcoding. But when they can't even connect what should I be troubleshooting/setting for that, please and thank you in advance :)

my speed it very low I should be on 1 gigabit and I'm only getting 379 download and 33 upload. I also checked my router and for some reason I have two port fwd setup one with 8290 and the other with 8096 which is the correct one. I'm on with my ISP now to look into the speed and I've delete the other port. Also along with Port fwd do I need to set a virtual server?

Edited by ltworf13

ltworf13

So far my son can connect backup again but I'm not sure if it's because I reboot the server and/or because I removed the second port I had for Emby. still waiting on my ISP to chat with regarding my speed. My son is testing playing a 4k MKV 4gb file and the dashboard shows as follows:

Test 1.PNG

ltworf13
45 minutes ago, ltworf13 said:

So far my son can connect backup again but I'm not sure if it's because I reboot the server and/or because I removed the second port I had for Emby. still waiting on my ISP to chat with regarding my speed. My son is testing playing a 4k MKV 4gb file and the dashboard shows as follows:

Test 1.PNG

Both my son and I were running fine remotely then he got kick off. I stopped playing the file closed the app on my phone then I too could not connect :( so frustrating I don't know what the issue is. Speedtest wise. my ISP said the 1 gig is cumulative based on the number of devices connected in the home. Still doesn't explain the 378 speed.

Edited by ltworf13

ltworf13

just discovered something but I'm not sure how to resolve.  With my Xpenology after I rebooted my server and testing the Control Pannel>>Router Configuration which passed. My son was then able to access as usual either via Emby Connect or the App.  Then when he was kicked out I reran the test and the connection shows failed.

are you both logging on with different accounts with same privileges?

Both Test some 1080p files from your mobile on 4g etc to see what happens. Its your upload speed that matters not your download speed when playing files remotely. More than likely sounds like a speed issue or maybe your server cannot keep up with numerous connections.

ltworf13
1 hour ago, DJIemby said:

are you both logging on with different accounts with same privileges?

Both Test some 1080p files from your mobile on 4g etc to see what happens. Its your upload speed that matters not your download speed when playing files remotely. More than likely sounds like a speed issue or maybe your server cannot keep up with numerous connections.

yes  different accounts. Not sure what you mean about with same privileges?. We were both connected me via LTE and him via wifi at his house. both running a small 4k file for an hour no issues. then my DSM port fwd fails and we both lose connection.

ltworf13
RESOLVED! I was unaware that in the router I not only needed to add a port trigger but also the virtual server within the port forwarding configuration. I was under the impression that the virtual server section was for those servers that are set up with VMware so I initially ignore that section

• 2 months later...
Gonzoide

Hi,

Trying to launch Emby installed from XPenology repo on my HP Proliant (AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor) fails (button back to "Launch").

rundiags show the following issues :

- find: `/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/3rdparty/imagemagick/*': No such file or directory

./rundiags: line 605: 15720 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${pkg_default_mono_root}/bin/ikdasm $version/EmbyServer.exe -assembly &> ${output_file} 

(SIGKILL received)

Would anybody know what the problem is ? Thanks.

rundiags.log

7 hours ago, Gonzoide said:

Hi,

Trying to launch Emby installed from XPenology repo on my HP Proliant (AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor) fails (button back to "Launch").

rundiags show the following issues :

- find: `/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/3rdparty/imagemagick/*': No such file or directory

./rundiags: line 605: 15720 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${pkg_default_mono_root}/bin/ikdasm $version/EmbyServer.exe -assembly &> ${output_file} 

(SIGKILL received)

Would anybody know what the problem is ? Thanks.

rundiags.log 14.97 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there, did you follow the installation instructions on our website?

https://emby.media/synology-server.html

3 hours ago, Gonzoide said:

No, I actually used the repo https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586  since I'm using Xpenology

Symptoms identical to Andythediver on page 6

Hi, that is obsolete now. Please use the instructions on our website:

https://emby.media/synology-server.html

Thanks.

• 6 months later...
evor190562

Hi

Noticed emby said that new version on server page. does emby still support DSM 5 on xpenology on a HP54l AMD not sure which one to use from the list tried 64bit and 32bit but both rejected

If newer versions are not being supported for DSM 5 is there a link to upload last supported version,

On 7/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, evor190562 said:

Hi

Noticed emby said that new version on server page. does emby still support DSM 5 on xpenology on a HP54l AMD not sure which one to use from the list tried 64bit and 32bit but both rejected

If newer versions are not being supported for DSM 5 is there a link to upload last supported version,

Hi, our packages have always been based on at least DSM 6. You might be able to get lucky and find an older version that will work with DSM 5, but I don't know how far back you'd have to go.

evor190562
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, our packages have always been based on at least DSM 6. You might be able to get lucky and find an older version that will work with DSM 5, but I don't know how far back you'd have to go.

Hi

Thanks thought that might be the case. The version on the machine works just that I noticed there was another version available. Assumed it was still auto updating from the repository.

• 2 months later...
Bobby121418

Hi

I have posted to another thread but maybe here is more appropriate. I have recently been testing xpenology on an old machine. I have AMD Athlon II X2 250 with 4GB of ram running DSM 6.2.3-25426 update 3 running as ds3617xs. I have installed emby server for Synology 64 bit latest.

I cannot seem to stream to more than one stream of x264 video or to more than one evice. Is there a way to improve this? Also I realise this is an old hardware but would hardware transcoding be possible?

Many thanks 

1 minute ago, Bobby121418 said:

Hi

I have posted to another thread but maybe here is more appropriate. I have recently been testing xpenology on an old machine. I have AMD Athlon II X2 250 with 4GB of ram running DSM 6.2.3-25426 update 3 running as ds3617xs. I have installed emby server for Synology 64 bit latest.

I cannot seem to stream to more than one stream of x264 video or to more than one evice. Is there a way to improve this? Also I realise this is an old hardware but would hardware transcoding be possible?

Many thanks 

•  

Re: 

• 3 months later...

Hi, what would be the reason of non starting the server. It stopped one day after reboot of my Xpenology and never up. I have upgraded to the latest version from the instructions above manually, but the server does not start anyway. Please help before my kids killed me ))

20 hours ago, Lotusd said:

Hi, what would be the reason of non starting the server. It stopped one day after reboot of my Xpenology and never up. I have upgraded to the latest version from the instructions above manually, but the server does not start anyway. Please help before my kids killed me ))

HI there, what happens when you try to start the server?