Wakeup for recordings

twos50

You guys are developing the live tv section beautifully, however one key function is missing.  That's the "Wake for recordings".  

So much effort has been put into the recording functionality but it doesn't work if the server is sleep.

I've read that this functionality is low priority, but how can it be if, once again, the recordings won't work if the server is sleep?  

Here's to trying to bring that functionality to light within the emby server without plugins.

• Like 2

Unfortunately on windows this requires administrative rights and most users are not going to want to run the server that way.

This is the biggest thing keeping me from going all in on Emby and subscribing to Emby Premiere. Windows Media Center is flawless when it comes to making sure my machine is awake and performing its scheduled recordings. It's going to be tough to give that up.

blade005

Unfortunately on windows this requires administrative rights and most users are not going to want to run the server that way.

Luke,

1. I would think most users coming from WMC already had WOL working and this would not be a hindrance.

2. I don't how difficult this is to implement. But, wouldn't it be appropriate to have this available for those that do have admin rights setup in Windows. For those that choose not to have admin rights, then this would not be a feature.

Perhaps this would create a support issue for those not set up as admin, but I agree with @@tigrao, WMC handles this flawlessly and is a nice feature to have available.

Hopefully down the track it gets implemented I would think most htpc are run with full administrator rights or could be just me I have a dedicated pc just for htpc. I use it in wmc and never had issues.