Emby on Firestick doesn't start with Paired Bluetooth speakers

webwhizkid
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

webwhizkid

I have my Gen1 Firestick connected to Epson 2045 Projector which is paired with Yamaha Receiver thru Bluetooth. Emby app doesn't start and shows a blank screen when it's paired via bluetooth already. ( same happens when i pair Firestick with any bluetooth speaker connected to my TV ). 

If i unpair bluetooth speaker, emby opens up without any issue and i can quickly try to pair bluetooth speaker while Emby is opened in background  and can use Emby then.

I have tried to sideload Android Emby app onto Firestick and was able to use it when paired with bluetooth.

Sorry for the repost, posting it with proper title to see if any others having same issue. Can anyone please check.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38784-unable-to-open-emby-app-on-firestick/

Can the Amazon Firestick app be fixed.

thank you.

TheBakers711

I have also had this problem. It works fine if the Bluetooth headphones are turned on AFTER Emby is open, but I get the grey loading screen if they are on before I start Emby.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

wizkid - you are in the Amazon beta, right?

Since I cannot reproduce this I'll just have to make some stabs in the dark.  I can put up a beta and, if you try it and actually get in, if you could send me the log from the app then maybe I can see what is going on.

webwhizkid

@@ebr -- Registered for Amazon Beta App. Now app has -- Version 1.2.66a Registere

10.43 PM EST ---- with bluetooth paired.. stuck at dark screen and doesn't Open.

10.49 PM EST---- Unpaired Speakers.and was able to start the App. Sent Report.

10.51 PM EST---- immediately went and paired Speakers while Opened App is in cache. Sent Report.
Edited by webwhizkid

1.2.67 was the first version with a change for this.  .68 is now up in beta though.

To run beta on the fire you have to actually install a different app.  That app has an orange "Test" banner on the icon.  The email from Amazon should have had a link.

webwhizkid

@@ebr - Got the Test App and tried it.

Still the same issue tried at 10.52 AM EST. First try - Blank Screen and freezes there... Second try exits after after few seconds.

If you have Firestick, you can pair to any speaker or headphones and should be able to notice this.

Thanks for looking into this. 

Edited by webwhizkid

• Solution

Okay, I was finally able to pair my speaker with the stick and reproduce this.

Man this was a sticky one.  The issue is buried deep in the OS and took a bit of digging to find but I think I got it.  You guys can test with the next beta.  Thanks for your patience.

webwhizkid

@@ebr - Yes, it works :) thank you.

Got an email about update yesterday, app didn't update. today had to redownload and it worked..

Edited by webwhizkid

Once I'm comfortable with a couple more changes I'll release it to the store.  Google will go pretty quickly but Amazon could take a few days.