Recorded TV and Trakt

hansolo77

hansolo77

Hey all!

I recently got the Trakt plugin installed.  I really like using it so people can see what I'm watching.  Now, having seen that the latest version of MBS includes some Recorded TV functionality, I was wondering if the Trakt plugin works correctly with it.  Generally I have my TV shows that I've downloaded renamed into the following format:

Show - SxxExx - Title.ext

That works great with Trakt identifying what I'm watching.  However, my Recorded TV that MCE makes doesn't get renamed into that nice easy format.  Instead, I have files like this example:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra- Ghosts of Christmas Eve_WOSU-DT_21_12_2008_17_00_02.dvr-ms

Where it gets the title of the show, the channel, and the date/time.  Will Trakt be able to identify this?  If not, will the MBS be able to pull the correct metadata and THEN be able to give Trakt the correct info?

I'm just curious.  If Media Browser isn't quite able to provide Trakt with the correct info, I'm ok with that.  I just thought it would be neat for all my NEW recordings to show up as well, and not just old stuff I've previously renamed.

Also, now that I have MBS pointing to my Recorded TV path from MCE, is the MBS liable to start renaming my Recorded TV shows INTO that more user-friendly format and thus corrupt it from being playable INSIDE MCE?

Edited by hansolo77

Latchmor

@@hansolo77 Hi, for your file names you can tell WMC how to name them, but it's limited. See registry setting below. (no idea if you've edited the registry before but be careful!)

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Recording

Add or edit the String Value – ‘filenaming’
•%Ch – Channel Number
•%Cn – Station Name
•%T – Title of show
•%Et – Episode Title
•%Dt – Date and Time

For example – %T-%Et would give you 'Trans-Siberian Orchestra-Ghosts of Christmas Eve.wtv'

Or, for a more complete solution that will rename them (Show - SxxExx - Title.ext) and move them too if you wish, try

Cheers