Sort option for Emby Theater

KennyLogginz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Nick's MCE

Well, I have been using ET since it came out. There have been no themes only a few manipulations of the existing. There is no option for Clearwater and no options to customise anything.

I have given up asking as it just falls on deaf ears.

If I had time to setup Lodi I would switch.

My expectations of ET are dead.

So much focus on a web app, really. 99.9% of what we watch is at home.

• Like 1

Nick's MCE

By the way, a huge amount of the Canary which ET uses is by me. Think I am around the 7th largest contributed to fanart.tv.

Check it out at fanart.com Nick's MCE

Point is ET uses my art but has no interest in listening to my requests.

Same thing happened with legacy collections.

aspdend

Well, I have been using ET since it came out. There have been no themes only a few manipulations of the existing. There is no option for Clearwater and no options to customise anything.

I have given up asking as it just falls on deaf ears.

If I had time to setup Lodi I would switch.

My expectations of ET are dead.

So much focus on a web app, really. 99.9% of what we watch is at home.

I resisted switching to ET until I could no longer support WMC in my home - and ever since then I have been waiting for some themes and customisation to be available for it - as far as I know, the core of ET changes so often, the people who may want to produce themes, just cannot as they are constantly having to keep up with the changes - a real shame from my point of view as my mediabrowser never looked so fine as it did with WMC and @@throgmorton's themes

• Like 2

playloud

I've been using Emby on Roku TV for the last year during a move. I assumed the lack of customization was due to restrictions within the Roku platform.

I finally got my system setup in the basement, just assuming that Emby Theater was the "modern" version of Emby WMC. In fact it looks exactly like the Roku app, with just as few options.

I figure anyone going to the lengths we go with our setup, most of us really want to make it look the way we want. I would even pay more to have all the old viewing options.

I just began using Emby Theater last night after a year of using only the Roku app, and many years with WMC.  I was hoping to see more options for viewing items.  

Earlier in this post it says:

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

I could not find an option to choose list view.

I'm really hoping to have the choices we saw in WMC:

* Movies shown in Poster View

* Click into a collection and have the choice to show in "CoverFlow" or "Detail" or "Poster"

* Ability to customize the size of thumbnails

Have I missed these options somewhere, or are they gone forever?

Side note: Installation and setup through Windows 7 was very smooth, watching movies in less than 5 minutes.

Hi, have you explored the 3-dot menus on the list screens that allow you to change the view type?

Sorting and filtering is there as well.

playloud

From the main library, I see these options when clicking the 3-dot button:

post-1260-0-96775600-1554137678_thumb.jpg

post-1260-0-66276700-1554137663_thumb.jpg

Within a collection, I see these options when clicking the 3-dot button:

post-1260-0-08835600-1554137547_thumb.jpg

post-1260-0-41733300-1554137650_thumb.jpg

I'm not seeing any options for viewing, such as:

* CoverFlow, Detail (List), Poster

* Adjust poster thumbnail size

* Poster Grid Spacing 

playloud

Thank you.  Is this a goal for the future, or only sought by a minority of users?

Are all platforms fairly similar at this time?  I know how Roku looks (same as Emby Theater).  Can I expect the same from Fire TV, Apple TV, etc?

I'm still using Windows 7, would I be losing any functionality by going back to Windows Media Center?  Are all the old themes/skins still available?  

Thanks

It really depends on demand. Cover flow is something that you don't see talked about very often anymore. But the other two, yes i would expect to have those in the future. thanks.

Nick's MCE

Well, with regards to options for cover flow etc nobody talks about it because nothing we talk about regarding the themes on ET ever come to fruition. Do you think that if you develop overflow or anything else people are going to be up in arms about it, NO. We will explore the options and start using them.

If I mention cleararts again I will go mad, so I wont mention them but these are the real artistic bits of fanart and we cant even use them. There isn't even an option to switch them with the logo.

I appreciate the time that goes into the web app and correct me if I am wrong but I don't think we are all running around watching high def movies on our phone. Actually 90% of what we do is  at home on a big screen tv where we want ET to give us the options that WMC did.

What is now since ET came out 3+ years and all we can do is change some colours and switch which bit of fanart shows up, these are not theme changes at all.

For god sake just develop some themes, its been long enough dude.

• Like 2