TV Guide - Colours

arrbee99

arrbee99

Just wondering about whether it would be a good idea to add a bit more colour to the TV Guide. Personally was thinking, maybe adding alternate colours to the rows to just help with tracking left to right. Admittedly it could look terrible, but maybe with some subtle variation it might look fairly reasonable.

Or maybe graduation in the rows - light(ish) grey to darker, or whatever.

I tried this out. The reason I'm not sure it works is because this isn't row shading. This is program cell shading, and the cells are going to be uneven from one row to the next due to varying program lengths and start times.

58044216d0a01_Untitled.png

• Like 1

arrbee99

True, though I would say that as the guide is basically dark grey tiles on a black background, doesn't that apply at the moment anyway. The only change would be to use alternate lines of a slightly lighter dark grey, if you see what I mean.

Grey wouldn't be the only choice of course, but maybe its not needed at all, as the guide really isn't very densely packed.

So, just a thought...

• 4 months later...
RedStripe

@@chief Bottle Washer

You could turn on the option to color-code the different program types...

How? I've looked everywhere...(I can think of)

Thx  :wacko:

Edited by RedStripe

• 8 months later...

Hi!

I put this request/suggest in this topic because I think it is related...  I would like to know if it is possible to add any more category to be displayed on the grid and if is possible to change the colors of them

In the movies or sports channels for example, are OK... but sometimes they have cultural or documentary programs like I can show here (no blue or violet colour on these programs)

9BK8sId.png

So a "Documentary" category would be great and and would be perfect for channels like Discovery, Nat Geo or History...

Other very important category must be "TV Shows", I don't know why there is a Kids section and category and the TV Shows, doesn't appear :\ .  I Have this grid when I go to the TV Shows Cannels....

BI5yYwc.png

And maybe other categories would be, "Music" for that music programs or channels and a mixed category that contemplate various categories without being any of the above or those that are already.