Emby Theater 2.5.25 bugs

julianb
Go to solution Solved by julianb,

julianb
Hi, was using Emby Theater last night and it worked just fine. 

Today it updated to  v.2.5.25 and it broke several things.

- Backspace no longer take you back. This is pretty critical for me, as the remote emulates the backspace. 

- Settings have lost alot of options. I can no longer change between EVR, EVR+ or madVR. 

I reinstalled the whole thing, and now I can't get it to use madVR because I wiped it settings, and I can't find that option anymore. 

Is there a way to install the older version until this is fixed? 

Edited by julianb

Latchmor

Hi, was using Emby Theater last night and it worked just fine. 

Today it updated to  v.2.5.25 and it broke several things.

- Backspace no longer take you back. This is pretty critical for me, as the remote emulates the backspace. 
- Settings have lost alot of options. I can no longer change between EVR, EVR+ or madVR. 

I reinstalled the whole thing, and now I can't get it to use madVR because I wiped it settings, and I can't find that option anymore. 

Is there a way to install the older version until this is fixed? 

Hi, I just updated to 2.5.25 also and see none of what you are saying, which is strange...

You could try downloading ET from website and re-installing maybe?

julianb

Hi, I just updated to 2.5.25 also and see none of what you are saying, which is strange...

You could try downloading ET from website and re-installing maybe?

Weird, yesterday it worked perfectly. But today, after the update i can no longer use the backspace on my keyboard or remote to go back, I have to push ESC instead. 

Also, Video settings and External player settings are gone.. Just redownloaded it from the website, after a complete uninstall. Did not work. 

Will try to backup my Emby.Theater folder from Appdata folder on my second machine (2.5.23)
Edited by julianb

Latchmor

Yeah, sorry I see you tried to re-install originally.

You can see releases here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Theater.Windows/releases

These will let you extract to a folder and run it directly from that folder. Will get you going until you can sort out your main install I guess but they too will try to update when you close and re-open.

• Solution
julianb
Well, I don't know what was causing the problem, but a lot of the files in the appdata was missing. 

Tried to download the install again, but it did not help.

the solution for me was to copy my Emby Theater folder from another computer. That fixed the problem. 

Now 2.5.25 works great on my HTPC. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Well, I don't know what was causing the problem, but a lot of the files in the appdata was missing. 

Tried to download the install again, but it did not help.

the solution for me was to copy my Emby Theater folder from another computer. That fixed the problem. 

Now 2.5.25 works great on my HTPC. Thanks. 

Sounds like an anti-virus program messing with the install.

puithove

FWIW (not really related to the issue you apparently had) - I switched from using BACKSPACE to using ESC as my "Back" key... because if you go into any of the text input fields, backspace then works (of course) as backspace instead of "back".  ESC works as "Back" in all cases.

Edited by puithove

Della Dog

Not really, update often clears out the madVr files - don't know why. Manually copying them to the com folder and executing mad install bat file fixes.

stettler

Same problem with the exit or back button of the remote: It bring the setting menu. So it's totaly impossible to navigate with a remote anymore.

Same problem with the exit or back button of the remote: It bring the setting menu. So it's totaly impossible to navigate with a remote anymore.

On the home screen it has always been this way. That is the exit menu of the application.

stettler

On the home screen it has always been this way. That is the exit menu of the application.

It wasn't in the home screen... It was in the list of movies or the list of episodes of a TV serie.

When using the back or exit button, it was getting into the menu screen with "settings", "Select server", "sign out",... buttons. But there wasn't a "Home" button like if you go into that screen by clicking on the profile icon.

Funny thing is that it "fixed itself" after I went into the settings menu via the profile icon (the one near the clock, at the top/right if the screen).

Weirdness...

I have never seen that before. I suppose it's possible your remote sent multiple back commands in a very short period of time. i'll have to see if we have any safeguards against that.

stettler
Luke, on 16 Oct 2016 - 8:04 PM, said:Luke, on 16 Oct 2016 - 8:04 PM, said:

I have never seen that before. I suppose it's possible your remote sent multiple back commands in a very short period of time. i'll have to see if we have any safeguards against that.

I doubt it was caused by the remote: I closed and restarted ET. I even rebooted the computer and each time the result was the same. Then I navigated to the menu screen, went into setting and tried to use again the back button (as there is no other way to go out of the "video setting" for example) and it worked. Then it worked again everywhere as expected.

It never happened before and it didn't happened again since it started working again. Seems it only "glitched" after the update.

Oh, and it can't be multiple back sent by the remote because I was getting this, for example:

Navigate to TV Serie, enter a serie, enter a season to get the list of episodes. Then:

Back button -> display the menu screen (without the big "home" button on the left)

Back button -> go back to the list of episodes

Back button -> display the menu screen

Back button -> go back to the list of episodes

It never allowed to go "up" one or more levels. So it was not possible to go to the home screen that way.

Edited by stettler

julianb

Hmm, the HTPC has just been freshly reinstalled with windows 10 (3 weeks ago) no anti-virus installed, only the build-in "windows defender". Could be it, but I did not receive any warnings during download/install.. Anyway, got it working by copying the missing files from another computer. 

Now I got another problem: 
In windows power settings, I have chosen the plan "high performence" with the option to turn of the screen if inactive for 15 minutes. Now, every 15 minutes during a playback, the movie start lagging like crazy, until I move the cursor again. The easiest solution is of course to disable the "turn of the screen" feature, but I don't like it to show a static screen for long hours when i'm not there.

Why does this happen? It's like windows does not detect that i'm playing a movie?

I'm not sure. I have not seen that happen. my test system for Emby Theater also uses the 15 minute screen inactive and i haven't seen any problems.

julianb

I'm not sure. I have not seen that happen. my test system for Emby Theater also uses the 15 minute screen inactive and i haven't seen any problems.

Ok, thanks. It was working before the 2.5.25 update. Will try to reinstall the GPU drivers.