WDTV Live dropping EMBY Server 3.0.8100.0 after update

farsite

RdmUser

Not sure which exact Emby version started working again, but 3.2.1x works (currently using 3.2.17.0 with my WDTV).

• 1 month later...
Tolerant

Well.. the good news, with brief testing, it didn't loose the "source", however now I can no longer browse my shared network folders with that Firmware. :(

Tolerant

Well.. the good news, with brief testing, it didn't loose the "source", however now I can no longer browse my shared network folders with that Firmware. :(

For anyone interested, one workaround for this issue is to have a PC on your network set to Master Browser. In my case running Win10x64, I added another computer running Win 7x64 and set it as the master browser. After doing this the WDTV Live SMP is able to be seen again on the network to "Play to", as well as is able to see shared SMB folders on your network again.  Not a perfect solution, but it does appear to work.  I have also read of people using a USB Thumb drive plugged into their routers and then setting the router as Master Browser, however not all routers support this.