Why use MB3 vs MyMovies/WMC or XBMC ??

cw-kid

Deathsquirrel

Just curious - what MBC skin do you use?

xnappo

If that's directed at me, I don't use MBC so none :)  When I was on MB2 I used Neo IIRC.

I normally use MBT or send movies to the xbox with DLNA play-to.

• 1 month later...
elsmandino

You can use MediaBrowser's server component to manage your library and feed it to multiple XBMC boxes if you want. XBMC can connect to the library directly or use the XBMC Plugin for MediaBrowser.

Hi,

I am currently messing round with my home system (I am running a headless server, which runs Argus TV and Media Browser 3), which connects to various XBMC clients including a couple of Raspberry Pis running Openelec.

So far, the only way I have been connecting to MB3 is by the XBMB3C add-on but Wayne Luke suggests that there is another way.  Would it be possible just to clarify what this other way is please?

Beardyname

Hi,

I am currently messing round with my home system (I am running a headless server, which runs Argus TV and Media Browser 3), which connects to various XBMC clients including a couple of Raspberry Pis running Openelec.

So far, the only way I have been connecting to MB3 is by the XBMB3C add-on but Wayne Luke suggests that there is another way.  Would it be possible just to clarify what this other way is please?

I think what he is talking to is that you can use the PlayTo feature using DLNA to play to any xbmc instance.

From the Web-UI click the remote button (top right ) and a panel will slide out showing you all the devices you can send your media too. (You will have to enable this feature on your XBMC machines)

xnappo

You can also use the NFO save feature on the server for consistant meta-data, and use Trakt to synchronize play states.

XBMB3C is better in general, but yeah it is slow on Pi.

xnappo

Koleckai Silvestri

Hi,

You can point the PI to the same network devices that your media is on and it can read it directly. The server can write the .nfo files necessary for XBMC to work and it can save images in the XBMC format.

Personally, I found the PI wasn't sufficient enough for my needs so I gave them to my son who runs XBMC primarily at his mothers/grandparents house. He is trying to switch to Media Browser but they don't take any sort of change well over there. I am currently using Roku 3 boxes as my HTPC in bedrooms. Simple and easy to install and configure. All run from the same account so channels are installed automatically.

Beardyname

You can also use the NFO save feature on the server for consistant meta-data, and use Trakt to synchronize play states.

XBMB3C is better in general, but yeah it is slow on Pi.

xnappo

Sums it up pretty good :) XBMB3C does work nicely with the mediabrowser remote control though!