Bug: Guide channels out of order

kanipek

kanipek

Just got the 3.0.8100 update.

Noted that the order of the guide channels is now out of order. Instead of starting at 2.1 I have 8 channels (random?) at the beginning starting with 640. Same issue in the Channels tab.

Is this a bug? Is there a new way of reordering channels I am unaware of?

Screenshots attached

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide!

Try this again with the screenshots

post-127390-0-20515400-1476459677_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-42035400-1476459690_thumb.jpg

kanipek

I don't think this applies to me. The problem is the same it sounds like.

But I do not find the settings for favorites anywhere. I am not sure if they are speaking of "Emby Favorites" which I can't find in 3.0.8100 or "HD HomeRun Favorites" which I have never used but I did check and none are set to Favorite in the HDHR software.

But I thank you for the info! Every little bit helps!

PenkethBoy

Emby favourites i was referring to - on channels page put you mouse over a channel wait a second or two and hit the favourite icon it should change colour 

• Like 1

kanipek

Learn something new everyday!  Thanks for pointing that out for me. Never hovered before. Doesn't seem to fix the issue though I toggled through each of the out of order channels with no change. I guess I could favorite the channels other than those out of order ones as a work around.

Any one else seeing this issue? Or have a way to fix it?

Thanks for reading and any help!

PenkethBoy

in the guide options top left icon - uncheck the favourites option - one below order by and it will ignore any favourites and just order by number or name

• Like 1

kanipek

I really appreciate your help! I am going to sound like a total newb but once again I am having problems finding guide options. can you please point me to where I can find them. I have tried my darn-dest but I just don't find it.

Thanks Again it really is appreciated.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

:)

the icon next to the data top left and before the first time - for me its a small square grid

• Like 1

kanipek

I didn't see it either. Had something to do with screen resolution. It is very similar to the Android "hamburger" or 3 line menu. 

If you are not seeing it make sure you are using a full screen browser window and then try adjusting your screen resolution.

I went from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 and then it popped in there.

Screenshot attached

post-127390-0-35459200-1476651625_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kanipek for the information about the higher screen resolution and the screenprint. 

Sure enough, the icon now shows up and I can click on the Icon to put the channels back in numerical order.  Yea!

While we are discussing missing items, what are you supposed to see on the dashboard, extras, auto-organize, activity log screen?

I suspect that items should be showing up on that screen under Date, Source and Destination, but I have never seen anything under those headings.

kanipek

I am not sure what you are seeing on your dashboard but I have attached a screenshot of mine.  This is using Chrome browser. FYI I have tried IE 11, Firefox and chrome for accessing the Emby Web UI. For me Chrome works best, IE works but I have some weird issues, Firefox I can't even get it to display at all and Firefox is my go to browser for everything.

post-127390-0-17556300-1476663561_thumb.jpg

What is the problem with fire fox? Make sure it is to to date. I test on it daily and have not seen any issues.

kanipek

Hi Luke! I am seeing a blank screen at login just a blank gray screen.  I have tried disabling everything add-on wise. No change. I read that the developer edition works and I have installed it and it does work normally, I am playing around with it as I type this.  This is not a huge deal for me. Chrome works so I am good. It would be nice to figure it out and only use FF for everything.

I am on FF 49 which according to the update check is the latest.

kanipek

So on a whim I just created a new FF 49 profile and it works fine. So something is amok with my normal profile. What that is I don't have any idea.

Any thoughts?

So I restored a backup of my default FF49 profile to the new profile and FF49 still works for Emby. Don't know what the issue was with the old profile but I am good to go on FF.

Edited by kanipek

greenwoc

Hi All,

I'm also seeing the same. My channels in the guide are now ordered seemingly randomly. My favourites still appear at the top but everything after that is a mess. Switching between number order and last watched does change the order but neither make any sense. I've seen this on both Emby Theatre under Windows 7 and in Chrome 53.

Have just checked and I'm also seeing the same odd channel order under the Android Beta.

Edited by greenwoc