Guide and Channel view issues

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

First, the channels are showing out of number order. Some 800 channels and 1 random 900 chanel shows up at the top of the guide...then goes on in normal numerical order. 

When i use Channel view the channels also are out of order.

Channel view....it is off by one day ahead in its date headings. THe listings themselves of each program are right, but the day its under is wrong. Fridays listings labeled under Saturdays etc. The listings also are missing the "New" or "Repeat" icons they used to have in channel list. 

Version 3.1.188.0 beta

I have refreshed guide data, restarted server and computer, system clock is right. No other issues to report at the moment. 

PenkethBoy

the channels out of order at the top - i had that with favourites set although i have no favourites - even setting and unsetting favourites - does not reset it - i reported it a few days ago

if you turn off favourites you get the correct order - works with channels as well

I think my problem is i did have favourites a while ago when testing and have a different list of channels now - but somewhere its remembering it

speculation - as for the listings being a day out have you got your country correct in metadata>settings and the timezone correct for the pc/server in the os?

New or Repeat come from the epg provider you are using - some dont have it - i was using the over the air epg via NextPVR and everything was new!!! Added Schedule direct to the setup and its mostly correct now

YMMV 

PenkethBoy

post-134563-0-18705700-1476460613_thumb.png

gets you this

post-134563-0-88921600-1476460613_thumb.png

change to this 

post-134563-0-73192400-1476460616_thumb.png

gets you this

post-134563-0-43199500-1476460616_thumb.png

and

post-134563-0-05855500-1476460618_thumb.png

Zero favourites set if i do set a favourite it jumps to first place - un favourtie goes back to pic 4 with fav option still checked

This has been like this (for me) for a week or so on Dev

Edited by PenkethBoy
  • Like 1

speedingcheetah

I don't use Favorites channels in Emby. I have the tuner settings settings (HD HomeRun Prime) to only include "Favorite" channel. I painstakingly went through the may of duplicate channels Comcrap has in my area to file out SD channels and only leave the HD...then the duplicate HD channels (400's then line up starts up again in the 800s) That Is done though the tuners OEM menu.

I use Schedule Direct.

I did not know the little box button next to the date was there...I was lookigin in Dashboard for settings. Guide fixed now. Thanks.

Still have the CHannel view heading off by one day(exactly 24rs). All time date and time setting I can find are correct.

Edited by speedingcheetah

CBers

Favouriting channels doesn't seem to work fully, unless it is putting the last favourited channel at the top all of the time.

I favourited the UK HD channels so that they were at the top of the guide, but I have ITV1 HD (channel 103) above BBC1 SD (channel 1) in the guide. Some others aren't in the logical order I'd expect.

I'll take a screenshot and post what I mean.

PenkethBoy

@@CBers

theres a setting somewhere (cant find it now) about most watched channels first or something like that which might be messing up you favourites order of HD channels

CBers

It's OK, I've sorted it now.

I've unfavourited and re-favourited the channels and they now appear at the top, with that option on.

kanipek

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

gets you this

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

change to this 

attachicon.gifCapture4.PNG

gets you this

attachicon.gifCapture3.PNG

and

attachicon.gifCapture5.PNG

Zero favourites set if i do set a favourite it jumps to first place - un favourtie goes back to pic 4 with fav option still checked

This has been like this (for me) for a week or so on Dev

Can you tell me where I can find these guide setting screens? I have looked and looked but I find no way to access them. Thanks for reading and any help you can provide!

blade005

Settings are on the guide page. Just to the right of the day selection.

System must be at a high enough display resolution for it to show. The selection shows on my system that is set for 1920 x 1080. It does not show on my system set at 1280 x 800.

• Like 1

kanipek

Thank you so much! Your info on resolution made the menu button show up!

I still have 1 channel out of order, but it is much better.

Greatly appreciate it!!

• 2 weeks later...
speedingcheetah

The Channel View is still one day off.    The Guide View with all the channels, is not affected.

Screen shot taken just now Thursday October 27 at 6:30pm. Central

5812928372815_Capture.jpg

Edited by speedingcheetah
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
kanipek

The Channel View is still one day off.    The Guide View with all the channels, is not affected.

Screen shot taken just now Thursday October 27 at 6:30pm. Central

5812928372815_Capture.jpg

Is there any update on a fix for this? I am still seeing the channel view guide data off by one day.