Unset libraries / Complex folder issue

Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Figured I would open a separate topic on this issue.

If a Unset library only contains one media type Content type is unavailable.

Here is a library set Unset with mixed content - Appear correct with content type options for TV and Movies

5800053a733d3_Mixed.jpg

A Unset library with only TV - no content type options

5800056ff149f_unsetTV.jpg

A Unset library with only movies - no content type options

580005c6ae302_unsetmovies.jpg

And a library content type TV - no content type options for complex folder structure

5800060ad4b7a_TV.jpg

Hope this demonstrated the issue better.

All testing was done in Version 3.1.6130.18236 dev

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

@@Luke  Is this going to be added back or will this have to be done manually as I posted in other topics?

• 2 months later...
Happy2Play

This is still an issue example from TV library, only workaround in manually adding to system.xml. 3.2.0.100

589925d415c0f_complex.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

• 1 month later...
Neonteepee

Appreciate there are probably a million things going on at once but is there any ETA on when this might get fixed/put back, I am obviously not the only one hanging on it. Please.... Pretty please.  :D

Happy2Play

Appreciate there are probably a million things going on at once but is there any ETA on when this might get fixed/put back, I am obviously not the only one hanging on it. Please.... Pretty please.  :D

There are manual ways to do this if you need assistance.

Neonteepee

I saw you can edit the system.xml? Any chance you can post a real quick explainer before I break my system? Also any chance someone could update the wiki? It currently says this option is available, I spent quite a bit of time searching in here and trying to work out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for your fast response BTW.

I'm on current stable.3.2.7.0

Edited by Neonteepee

Happy2Play

I saw you can edit the system.xml? Any chance you can post a real quick explainer before I break my system? Also any chance someone could update the wiki? It currently says this option is available, I spent quite a bit of time searching in here and trying to work out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for your fast response BTW.

I'm on current stable.3.2.7.0

@@Luke  is still determining the best way to handle this.

This post should help.  A library scan is required after making these changes.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys, has this progressed any further yet?

I have just tried to create a couple of different sub folders under TV\N-Z\Star Trek Discovery to be \TV\N-Z\Star Trek\Star Trek Discovery

The metadata shows it as Star Trek Discovery as the folder when viewing via Folder type, however it's picking up all the Star Trek the original series details for episodes.

I know I can manually identify the folders via the Identify option, but kinda defeats the purpose of grouping show groups together.

Especially when the Marvel Universe is getting so large now, it be handy to store under 1 folder/

Regards

Shane

• 2 months later...
Hey everyone,

Has there been any progress on this issue yet or do we need to edit the .xml manually still?

It's a pain when you have heaps of series that you want to group in the content type (ie. the Marvel stuff) but can't because it picks it up as another series instead :(

Regards

Shane

Happy2Play

Currently the only option is the manual edit of <ContentType> in system.xml.

Edited by Happy2Play