Greek subtitle encoding problem on Kodi Rpi 2

zacharisharris

zacharisharris

I have some .mkv files with subtitles (each .srt file has the same name as its corresponding .mkv file). So basically I am streaming those files to Kodi using the Emby kodi addon. My subtitles are Greek.
The playback is smooth and the subs are there but they are gibberish, which means there is something wrong with the encoding.
I have set the Subtitle encoding settings on Kodi for Greek-Windows or Greek-ISO but nothing happened. What can I do so the subtitle are shown normally?

Edit: This is my .srt file, in case you wanna test it.

Edited by zacharisharris

Angelblue05

If you are playing from HTTP, then it's a server issue. What server platform are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacharisharris

If you are playing from HTTP, then it's a server issue. What server platform are you running?

I am running the server from my Mac, and then from my Mac I just stream the file from library to my Kodi.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It is a known issue for linux. Don't know about mac, if your paths are properly set, you can try to playback from your network instead of the server, which I believe would solve your issue. Go to the add-on settings > playback tab, uncheck play from HTTP, and try to playback. Does the subtitles show up correctly? If so, I'd suggest posting in the servers forums so it can be looked at.