Git How To For Genres and Studios

Tikuf

Ok I am going to assume a bit here so this covers the basics only.

I am going to assume you have tortoise git and have forked the resources project.

I am using tortoise git for this as I find it easy to use.

First after you have forked create the repo on your hd by pulling your own fork down (I am not going to go into much detail for this bit as it is is all on the git site)

Ok so skipping a few steps how do you add the studio/genre images you have created (I will work with a studio)

Copy the thumb.jpg into its own folder (studio name). Then copy that folder into the appropriate folder inside the repo on you hd. It will look something like (below)

52db70111d617_1.jpg

EDIT: I have included a small exe to update the studio thumbs text file (its very basic and just lists the folders into the txt file.)

Right click on the added folder(s) and select Tortoise Git / Add

A pop up will pop

52db6f7051640_2.jpg

Select the files to add to the project as I have done above.

Next pop up will pop

52db7100cc9d8_3.jpg

Click on the commit button and another popup will pop

52db715076849_4.jpg

Fill in the message brief description of what you have done then click ok.  

52db718fe8e39_5.jpg

Click on push

52db71cac756d_6.jpg

Make sure you select the right repo to push to in this case it is origin. Then click ok.

Fill in you user name / password  when prompted

52db72f4cfade_7.jpg

You can hit create pull request here and follow through, but I find it easier to hit close at this time and do the pull request from the git site as i can check and make sure it is all correct.

Cheers Hope that makes it easier for someone (this is just how I do it not necessarily how it should be done )

Edited by Tikuf
  • Like 4

If you're going to do this, can you make it complete from start to finish, like I did in the other thread. Sign up for github, how to create the fork, install software, pull down the source, submit the pull request, etc. Then how to resync your fork when there are new changes on the server.

• Like 1

If you're going to do this, can you make it complete from start to finish, like I did in the other thread. Sign up for github, how to create the fork, install software, pull down the source, submit the pull request, etc. Then how to resync your fork when there are new changes on the server.

Yup will do just didn't have the time to do the full version I will edit over the next couple of days as time permits.

• Like 1

Brendon

can do if tikuf doesnt have the time, just need a day or 2 as well to catch up on the last 2 weeks :D

Brendon that is fine. Tikuf is our main man when it comes to streaming and encoding, so anything like this that we can offload to someone else will be a big help.

Cheesegeezer

There's a couple of pull requests waiting to be forked on Git. ;)

AlwinHummels

Why doesn't anybody response on my git commits and questions? I think I go further for my-self and don't share anymore if not appreciate !!

More then likely just nobody has seen them. I'm sure Luke will see it and merge the pull request. He just sometimes gets busy and misses things.

AlwinHummels

It's rejected but I don't know what's wrong and how to fix it please more help is welcome.

I did step by step what was written above.

Edited by AlwinHummels

The pull request has lines added to studiothumbs.txt but I don't see any images for those lines that have been added.

AlwinHummels

The pull request has lines added to studiothumbs.txt but I don't see any images for those lines that have been added.

Okay but I didn't add a picture but replace it so I think that's why it went wrong. But I appreciate any help to do it the right way.

Edited by AlwinHummels

Just remove all of your changes from studiothumbs.txt and it should be fine.

Or just post a zip file with your new images. There's plenty of others here who can submit the pull request.