Hebrew subtitles not showing

yotamN

​When I use the Kodi extension I can't use my Hebrew subtitles, I only see (external) in the name of the subtitles and I couldn't use the Hebrew subtitles. I know that Hebrew works in Kodi because Hebrew subtitles from OpenSubtitles works but sometimes I download subtitles separately and I can't use them from Kodi, the Emby Android TV app worked with the Hebrew subtitles, how can I fix that?

Angelblue05

Are the subtitles external? Can you provide one so I can test on my side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Are the subtitles external? Can you provide one so I can test on my side?

​Yes, sorry it took me so long, the notification was sent to my spam folder :(

Anyway, now after I updated Emby server I see the subtitles in Hebrew but as a question mark inside a diamond (�) so still can't use the subtitles, is it possible to use UTF-8 maybe?

Subtitles.zip

Angelblue05

What server platform are you running? It should be fine if you direct play via your network. However if you are direct playing from HTTP and you are not running a Windows emby server, the current subtitles problem arises.

If you are up for testing, can you try this build (it will only work if the subtitle is properly tagged with the language). I'm trying to find a way around the problem... Keep in mind I can't reproduce this because this bug doesn't exists for Windows emby servers.

Report back on if your external subtitles are still listed, if the answer is yes, does the issue appear corrected? Thanks!

Edited by Angelblue05

What server platform are you running? It should be fine if you direct play via your network. However if you are direct playing from HTTP and you are not running a Windows emby server, the current subtitles problem arises.

If you are up for testing, can you try this build (it will only work if the subtitle is properly tagged with the language). I'm trying to find a way around the problem... Keep in mind I can't reproduce this because this bug doesn't exists for Windows emby servers.

Report back on if your external subtitles are still listed, if the answer is yes, does the issue appear corrected? Thanks!

My server is running Debian and Kodi is running on Android TV

When I disable "Play from HTTP instead of SMB" and I try to watch an episode it doesn't work on first try and on second try it tells me "Can't find a next item to play" so I use HTTP.

When I try to watch something through HTTP with the plugin you sent I got this message:

580f9cf5e584d_Screenshotfrom201610252050

I'm not sure where the logs are, where can I find them so I could attach them?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, no need for logs. I just wanted confirmation. I will try something else to fix it. For now just uninstall the version and reinstall beta (addons > select emby > update > you should be able to select beta) otherwise just hit uninstall, then install the beta version to get it working again