Partial watched state not syncing- Openmediavault.

linds1234
Go to solution Solved by linds1234,

linds1234

Hi All,

Not 100% sure which forum this post belongs in, crosses over into a few.

Problem is with the resume state, in this case a lack of it. Instead of getting a partial watched status, it will just tick the file as being fully watched regardless of it's previously stopped point. Then when I go to open it again, I have no option to resume. Strange.

I've tried changing both the playback modes in the Kodi addon (direct and addon), then reset the database after each change, but it doesn't help unfortunately.

I'm running:

Client OS: LibreElec 7.0.2
Kodi version: 16.1
Emby for Kodi Addon: 2.2.19 (Stable)

Server OS: Openmediavault 2.x
Server Plugin:3.0.7300.0

I've checked the Emby Server logs for errors re "seeking" but no mentions there.

I'll enable the error logging on the Kodi Emby addon itself tonight and upload those logs,  maybe that will shed light on the issue.

Has anyone had this issue with this combination of Kodi and Openmediavault?

Would it be worth switching to the Beta channel for the Emby addon?

Log output here

Thank you,
Lindsay
Edited by linds1234

linds1234

Log file is at:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23312939/

File opened at Line 189, close at Line 440. A bunch of seeking in-between.

After closing it shows the partially watched icon for a split second then just goes to watched.

Other points to note in log:

21:34:34 T:139908973459200 NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Percent complete: 1644864.1587 Mark played at: 0.9

^The Percent complete is all out of whack.

21:33:58 T:139908973459200 NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Runtime is missing, Kodi runtime: 5370.01611328

^and the run time most probably is too.

Is this info extracted from ffmpeg? Because I have noticed that in previous logs, ffmpeg has been showing access denied messages, like:

Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    ApplicationName='/ffmpeg/ffprobe', CommandLine='-i file:"/media/2690c590-ad1e-4a13-b197-4b78e8cdcbe5/TV Eps/American Horror Story/Season 1/American Horror Story - S01E01 1080p BluRay.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Access denied

Am I onto something?

Edited by linds1234
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Hey there. This makes sense, the server has no runtime for the item, meaning it can't save partial watched status.

However, that percentage at the end is off. I'll review this. If you can't get ffmpeg to access your files to probe them, I suggest posting in the server forums for assistance on this. Once the runtime value is detected server side, it should start working correctly in Kodi.

• Like 1

• Solution
linds1234

Hi Angelblue,

I originally had the ffmpeg files under /ffmpeg on the main system drive in Openmediavault. I checked out the permissions on this folder, Root and "other users" seemed to have RWX but it obviously wasn't enough for the "emby" system account.

I moved the files to /usr/bin/ffmpeg (which "emby" was already an owner of) and forced a metadata refresh across the Libraries and *touch wood*, looks like it has fixed the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Lindsay

• Like 1