Music library tag

acura4ever

acura4ever

Recently, I make a music library to control my mp3. I found that many ID3 tag weren't correct. So I fix everything that I can, but many errors still exist that seem out of my control. Many artists are showing in double.

Here the screenshot showing the problem and my directory structure.

I would like to know another thing. In Kodi, who is controlling the music library? Right now, Emby in kodi is configured to enable music library but isn't in sync with the emby web.

In Kodi, the number of artist is 254 vs 228 on emby.

Can someone explain me the disparity?

Thanks.

post-139475-0-85265300-1476208444_thumb.png

post-139475-0-85050300-1476208450_thumb.png

Happy2Play

It is do to the different "case" in each Artists names "Ace Of Base vs Ace of base".

Deathsquirrel

Some folks like automated tools for this but I prefer some manual control.  If you do too, try MP3Tag.  You can easily load all tracks from a single artist and make sure that the Artist names are all spelled the way you want them to be, and the same on all tracks.  I was able to clean up all my tags for about 7000 songs in maybe half an hour.

acura4ever

The problem is not the tag. Here is the screenshot.

The more logical for me, will be that emby shouln't be case sensitive by defaut.

Right not the problem for me is emby not the tag

post-139475-0-75005100-1476243048_thumb.png

Edited by acura4ever

PenkethBoy

If you do like automated tools - try Picard from MusicBrainz - one feature i like is it puts their UID for the album/track in each song so Embt has no problem finding info should you rebuild your library - but as you have found the odd O vs o can trip you up

PenkethBoy

are we talking about Artist or Album Artist - i cant tell from you screen shots - i had the same with Ace of Base - cant remember what exactly the issue was but a quick edit of the metadata in MM and a refresh solved it for me along with a quick edit of a couple of mp3 - to over ride the MB data picard had applied.

Angelblue05

I've just made recent modifications to artists in Emby for kodi beta (2.2.43) if you can test it out, and compare, it would be great.

Essentially, you install the version, then run a repair sync for music (by launching emby for kodi > repair local database > music)

If that doesn't work, try doing a reset of your local database (start with a clean slate)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Happy2Play

The problem is not the tag. Here is the screenshot.

The more logical for me, will be that emby shouln't be case sensitive by defaut.

Right not the problem for me is emby not the tag

At least from the screenshots you have provides the only difference I see is Folder name vs Tag name.  And I'll be if you looked at the metadata Manager for both they will probably point to two different locations.

acura4ever

Here attached the medata of the folder. I upgrade emby addon to the latest beta version 2.2.45. Even with the music repair, some artist were still in double.

Right now, I'm reseting the local database. Will keep you posted tomorrow...

Can you explain to me why emby and kodi are not in syn? Which one, shoud I be checking if the real information is there?

Thanks for your fast answer and fix.

BTW, Is it possible to only reset a part of a library like  the repair option ? I took 22 minutes just to repair the music. Now with the full reset, I think i'm with more than 1 hour with my tv show and movies.

Thanks for your help.

post-139475-0-31390200-1476319152_thumb.png

post-139475-0-37012100-1476319164_thumb.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Well yeah, it won't fix duplicates, but it should fix missing artists. Duplicates are being returned in the api, so we have no way of fixing this in Kodi. Once it's fixed in the server, then they won't appear in Kodi (or they'll be removed from Kodi with a manual sync, without doing a reset).

I was considering doing something like what you mentioned for the reset. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy2Play

Overall you should make sure everything appears correctly in the Emby web client before worrying about Kodi.  if you right click the Artist that with the image and select Edit info does it point to the same place?  My guess is it points to /metadata/artists.

@@Luke - Is this duplicating artist do the folder being lowercase and the tag being uppercase?

Edited by Happy2Play

acura4ever

Here is the info. You were right happy2play. One poster of ace of base is locate on the c and the other is really on my other drive.

Now, what should I do?

Thanks.

post-139475-0-92537000-1476367496_thumb.png

post-139475-0-43559100-1476367502_thumb.png

Edited by acura4ever

Happy2Play

The server is seeing two metadata files do the case difference.  Since your Tags are uppercase I would change the folder name to reflect the same.  Then delete the metadata from each of those locations and perform a library scan.

acura4ever

I have done what you ask but the artist is still in double.

I attached the log so maybe you can see the error faster.

If you want to, I can give you full access to my server.

Thanks.

server-63611925958.txt

acura4ever

I haven't receiving some input for this problem.

I updated to the lastest version now 3.0.8200 and the only difference is that the artist found in the metadata is now blank and the other one in the music structure is showing the artist.

Thanks.

post-139475-0-30264500-1476799300_thumb.png

The duplication is something we'll be looking more closely at for a future release of Emby Server. Thanks !