m3u custom playlist for udp protocol

navidonskis

navidonskis

Hello,

i tried to upload .m3u file with custom list of different channels (IPTV), the list looks like:

#EXTINF:-1,Viasat History
udp://@233.136.41.34:1234
#EXTINF:-1,A Music
udp://@233.136.41.35:1234
#EXTINF:-1,Viasat Sport Baltic
udp://@233.136.41.36:1234

as you see, the prefix of the URL are udp, so it's streaming via udp protocol. On the computer via VLC it's streaming perfectly,

but when i try to stream via emby server, i getting an error: 

There was an error playing the video.

Please ensure there is an open tuner availalble.

So the question: is it possible to stream those channels via Emby Live TV or IPTV plugin (maybe)?

p.s. on the IPTV there is no selection to choose streams via udp protocol, only http, file, rtmp and rtsp.

iptv - doesnt seem to allow m3u files (lots of channels) only allows one

You can do this with the m3u tuner import under live tv.

Actually - easy to do - thanks! works well, only things is the TV Listings Name are abbreviated *lets say i have Sky Sports 1/2/34/5 i only see Sky* - can we make the guide wider?

Thanks. There is currently no way to configure the guide column sizes, but you can always click the channel and view the single channel listing. FYI I am adding udp support within the m3u. 

navidonskis

i update the server version, so i tested today by adding m3u file with udp stream links. Now when i'm trying to play the channel, the spinner always spinning, never ending. 

580392c47dd89_ScreenShot20161016at174600

looks like he can't get a response. Status : Pending

Edited by navidonskis

check the ffmpeg log. please note, i cannot test udp so I'm going to be relying on you here. if we can't figure out it i'll just have to remove it.

navidonskis

how do i check the ffmpeg logs? i didn't find at /var/log , there is some command on ubuntu for realtime logging for ffmpeg? 

Thanks

navidonskis

does it can be a problem, if i'm using a docker machine for emby server? 

ffmpeg version 2.8.8 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers  built with gcc 4.9.2 (Debian 4.9.2-10)

i tried to add a stream link which is starting with http protocol and it's working, nor udp. 

navidonskis

it's working. I try to install emby server on mac os x, so it's working. But at ubuntu, maybe the firewall is blocking or something. 

navidonskis

i was using a docker machine, so the problem was: docker is not supporting igmp multicast yet, so i install udpxy on the server, and change the all udp links with prefix of the server host, and replace the m3u file at emby server, so now it's streaming perfectly.