NPVR Jumbled EPG - Won't Play Stream

bonifacefj

bonifacefj

Hello,

I am quite new to Emby and am very impressed with what I have seen so far, I am running Emby Server 3.0.7300.0 on Windows 10 Pro, the same machine as NPVR 3.8.3.  As far as I can tell there are no problems on the NPVR side of things as I can browse the guide and watch streams locally and through the HTTP server.

The problems I am encountering are:

a) My guide data is jumbled only in Emby, BBC ONE West shows guide data for Channel 4, Channel 4 shows guide data for Kerrang! Radio.  BBC Two shows BBC 4 Data etc.  When I click to play BBC One West, Channel 4 plays - matching the guide data.  It appears that only the names are mixed.

57f956dbc3cbe_Capture.png

b ) I can no longer play any streams from Emby, I am still able to play them from NPVR.  I have tried Web, iPad and Emby HT clients and no playing at all.  I have made no changes since I could play channels about two days ago.  I have attatched the log file, I have difficulty understanding it but have found this entry:

Unknown Bitrate @ 2016-10-08 20:33:03

I have searched around for fixes but all I have found is a couple of other people with the issue but no fix.

I would greatly appreciate any help as I am really enjoying my Emby and NPVR experience so far,

If any more log files are needed let me know and I will post those.

Many thanks,

Fred Boniface.

Edit: I have also found a transcode log for a live tv attempt, it is also attatched.

server-63611514212.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-e245424b-26fd-435c-958b-0909a0b2feb5.txt

Edited by bonifacefj

bonifacefj

Thanks for your quick reply, I will have a look at the NPVR logs after work in the morning and give the link ago with VLC

Cheers

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonifacefj

Having had a look through the NPVR logs it appears that my TBS tuner has stopped working for the moment.  So I'm going to have a look for a solution to that now.

I still have the issue of the scrambled EPG but I will put that on hold until I have the tuner issue fixed!

Thanks for all of your help.

PenkethBoy

Just setting up my Tuners

one thing to check is that when you setup the epg is that the channels are actually what it thinks they are.

You heed to check the station id and frequency to be sure you have the mappings done correctly as i sounds like you may have a mis match or two

In my are (NW - Granada) CH4 is SID:8384 Freq 778000 and BBCNWest is SID: 4168 and Freq 706000

Yours will be different (i think) as in different part of UK - but you can find them online so you can check - if not post back here and i can dig out the links i have used to re org my channel miss alignment issue

bonifacefj

Thanks,

What confuses me is the channel mapping is correct in NextPVR, as far as I can tell there is no option to change mapping within Emby

Cheers

bonifacefj

It looks like a problem with the NPVR add-on, it appears that the order jumbles between NPVR and Emby

Given you're getting the correct listings in NextPVR, it sounds like the NextPVR side of things is fine.

My guess is that's its related to Emby caching some channel data locally (which is out of date, because you've made changes like rescanning in NextPVR or similar), and because of this Emby is asking for listings for the wrong channels. We had seen something similar in the past where Emby was not giving listings for some channel, and it came down to Emby's cached channel identifiers, which were no longer valid in the NextPVR database because the user had deleted some channels and rescanned.

Luke, how does an Emby user force it to delete it's channel information and reload it?

Kodi is reloading this stuff every time the application is started, so is good at picking up any changes.

PenkethBoy

From experimenting today - just because you save a channel in NextPVR does not mean it does not mess with the mappings in the background

i had it all sorted - or so i thought - by editing each channel individually - all nice and neat - but on a whim i looked as the channel mappings page and found NextPVR had reassigned the Schedule direct "line-up" info so about half the mappings were wrong - completely the wrong channel to frequencies that will not work.

YMMV but i think when you open the settings pages it re imports the channel list and try's to be helpfully by tidying things up - or doing some consistency check - either way it does change things but gives you no warning or indication.

This is repeatable after you have edited something to do with the channels.

Hopefully you can find the source of your issues.

Have fun