Unwanted metadata - all epiodes of series

Brutha
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

Hi All,

I upgraded the emby server on my synology DS214play this morning from the community edition I had on there for some time. It seems nice and fast now, which is good!

However, there is a problem: it seems to be downloading the metadata for ALL episodes of a series now rather than just the ones I have like it did before.

This is just annoying for some series, but in other cases I can't even navigate the library any more from the app (either web or iOS). The specific example is this series from TVDB, which has a large number of series and episodes, but I only have (or want!) a small number of them:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79660

I couldn't see any option for stopping this behaviour - any ideas?

Cheers

Brutha

jordy

check to see if you have "show Missing Episodes" checked in display settings.

In server settings click user icon and select "Display Settings". That would cause it to download metadata for episodes you don't have.

Thanks Jordy - I hadn't seen that option before! Sadly, it was already off - I tried setting it on, rescanning, then switching it off and rescanning again, but no joy.

Luke - a long time, probably at least a year or two! It was working nicely, so didn't think about updating. Also - since I travel a lot I have set things up so that I start with a portable drive that comes with me, that I maintain via emby server on OSX - I then replicate the drive to my NAS to watch things when I'm home. My guess is this slightly unorthodox setup might be my problem, especially since I've never updated that either.

As an aside, I now can't see seasons on most of my media (it was fine earlier today somehow), so can't really navigate the library at all now: what do you think, should I reinstall and not do the migration step?

solabc16

Hello @@Brutha

I was going to ask if you migrated or setup from scratch, so from the above it looks like you migrated.

Is it just your media folders that you're replicating, when switching between the portable drive/NAS?

If you look under 'Scheduled Tasks', when did the 'Clean Database' task last run?

Finally, can you run the diagnostics and send logs utilities, that will give me some more information so I can check the installation/migration.

>> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

>> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

James, I think you can probably skip going through the logs because there is likely an Emby Server issue related to migrating from a version that old. It is on my list to review, but for now the suggested remedy is deleting the library.db file.

• Like 1

Thanks all!

@@James - I just replicate the media directories across. I have already tagged and stored the .nfo files and jpgs etc in the media folders with emby server on mac, so the scan on the NAS just reads those.

@@Luke - can you point me towards the library.db file? Should I simply stop Emby, delete the file then restart it?

Cheers

Leon

Happy2Play

I don't know the install structure except for Windows it will be in your Emby-Server\data folder.  And yes stopping the server, deleting the file, restarting the server, and initiating a Library scan is all that should be needed.

• Solution
solabc16

Hello @Brutha

Here are the steps you need to take:-

1) In DSM, open Package Center, navigate to Emby Server and Stop the package.

2) Open an SSH session to your NAS and login as <admin>.

3) Run the following command: sudo rm /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/library.*

4) End the SSH session.

5) Go back to DSM and Start the Emby Server package in Package Center.

- James

Edited by solabc16
  • Like 1

Perfect, that did the trick, it's working very nicely now! Much faster than it used to be too....

Thanks to all for the quick support, it's very much appreciated!

Cheers

Brutha

solabc16

Hello @@Brutha

Excellent, thanks for letting us know that worked out for you.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the performance. That's something we've been working hard on, as part of putting together the package for Synology.

- James

Edited by solabc16