Emby - Please sign in screen????

totalhavoc
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

totalhavoc

All of the sudden today everyone's profile in kodi, other than mine, is getting authentication errors. Sometimes it pops up with an emby box asking the user to log in. If I type the user's password it does not work. None of our profiles/users are setup for emby connect. They just have local passwords for external direct access.  My understanding was clients on the local network would not need to login. We never have before. I'm really not sure why it is doing this except that the addon updated again recently.

totalhavoc

Log attached

Plugin version is 2.2.39

looks like the log says the username is blank but the config for the plugin has the username

and it is only doing it on other profiles, not mine, which is the master profile in kodi

kodi.log

Edited by totalhavoc

totalhavoc

It looks like it only does it on users that have not logged into that particular client in the last few months. We have 5 kodi clients in the house and some of us do not always log in on certain clients. 

Angelblue05

Thank you for providing your log. Looking into it.

The login process went through an update. Are you saying it constantly ask everytime or just the first time you loaded the profile?

totalhavoc

It is asking as soon as you load a profile that has not been logged into in a while... When you enter the users password it says invalid. I can use the same password from a mobile device not on my local network and it works. 

Angelblue05

In the log it says the username cannot be null, This is not pertaining to the configs but rather the dialog. Was there a username filled in on username line? That would explain why it's not able to authenticate, because we need the Emby username and the password. Let me know, thanks :)

totalhavoc

Yes there was a username there but no password. I typed the password in and that is when it said username/password is invalid. The config is set to manual, username provided, server name, and the server's web address

Angelblue05

Hm... I will try to reproduce and let you know.

The invalid password - make sure you press enter in the field, and type it out on the Kodi keyboard to make sure it's entered correctly. If you enter directly in the input field, Kodi can do weird things with characters entered (mix up between special characters/letters/numbers)

Edited by Angelblue05

totalhavoc

I just did it again making sure to use the kodi keyboard. still no luck.. it really odd that it only happens on a profile that has not logged in a really long time. I can try to copy profiles from working devices as a work around but I have one users profile that is only good on one device. That device is android based and the rest are windows. Do you know if you can copy profile folders between OSes? I know it works between windows boxes never tried between android and windows

Angelblue05

Is there anything special about the username or password? Special characters? This is only based upon the response we received from the server.

totalhavoc

nope. Username is the person's name and the password just has uppercase, lowercase and numbers... no symbols or special characters.

Anyway I can get a copy of the previous beta? I can see if that version will allow me to update these users and then upgrade the plugin

Angelblue05

Can you give me a few minutes to make the new build for you to test. Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Please install this build over your current one, let me know if it resolves the issue of asking to id your server/user. I am not 100% on the login issue, I am able to authenticate my user no problem repeating the same bug you have. It must be something small that's making so much fuss.

plugin.video.emby-2.2.40~alpha.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

totalhavoc

Still did not work. I decided to try and reset the password just to see. Sure enough it works now after reset the password and setting the password to the same one as before. Weird thing is that password worked on mobile devices using the web interface and using emby app on ios... let me test a few more but it seems to have fix it with the password reset... odd

• Like 1

totalhavoc

I just tested on another client with a different user after doing a password reset and that client won't even ask for username and password now. 

I went back to the original client and it does ask for that users password there and I was able to log in. I will test your backup and restore function between those two clients

Edited by totalhavoc

Angelblue05

With the build I provided? Because it was never supposed to be an apparent migration. I've just tested, going from 2.2.19 (old login system) to the build I gave you and it now works as intended and keeps everything working without asking the user to re-authenticate.

I don't believe password reset is necessary at all... If it did, then it's something to do with the server more than Emby for Kodi's authentication system which the whole point of the rework was to copy every other emby app login system. :)

Edit: Of course if it failed to authenticate, there's no going back because it auto-wipes the token saved within the client forcing the user to re-authenticate. But with a profile that you haven't logged in with yet, it should work fine with the new build now, instead of failing authentication.

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
Angelblue05

Well I'm still testing on my side. You don't have to install the alpha version, you can if you want to have the fix on the client, but I'll be pushing the fix to beta if everything works as intended on my side.

Edit: Test was successful, so I'll be making a new beta build.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

totalhavoc

kk... I have to get kids in bed so I probably won't be able to do any more testing tonight... will update in the morning... EDT here

• Like 1