HDHR and audio tracks

stettler

stettler

Hello,

I just tested (quickly) an HDHomeRun. It's working fine but whatever channel I play, there is only one audio/language track listed. Usualy a "Dolby Digital" track for HD channels and a mpeg track for SD when there should be at least 2 or 3 audio stream.

I noticed that in the HDHomeRun View software, there is no option to select the audio track so I am wondering if it's normal with HDHR tuners that we get only a single audio track in Emby? (if that's the case, which one it choose??) 

stettler

To answer my own question: I used VLC to connect to the HDHR and I could see and select the various audio tracks. So there is a bug in Emby that wont let select audio track.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
stettler

Hello,

Seems the problem is mostly fixed in Emby 3.0.8100.0: Using ET or the Android app, I can see the various audio stream and subtitles, select them and play them ok. Thank you!

But it is still not working with Chromecast: The audio or subtitle buttons are still greyed out in the application (whatever you try to cast from the web app or from android app) so it is still not possible to select the audio track or turn-on subtitle.

stettler

The audio and subtitle buttons are still not available (greyed out) when casting to a Chromecast in server 3.0.8300.0

So it is still not possible to select the language or the subtitle when using a Chromecast.