ember MCE remote programable keys

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi all,

Lots going on in emby land, so sorry for not posting this sooner. :) 

You may not know that in addition to full support for the xbone remote. ember supports the MCE remote as well !!

All of the standard navigation keys work as expected. Ok and return or backspace, play, pause and stop.

Full support for what I call the "special" keys in MCE is a way off. Put 7 has graciously agreed to add some key mappings for those of us who have programmable remotes.

Was supposed to post some time ago for suggestions, my bad.

Currently

Crtl-a .........is a jump to the home screen. Makes for a more pleasant htpc experience. As there is not a home button on the standard

remote, I mapped mine to exit and the "green" button". "Home" and "ctrl-a" will work with the keyboard as well. (crtl-a was a 

purely arbitrary choice on my part)

I think we could use options for

"info" or the reader icon

"More"

"+"

"Movies"

"Music"

"TV"

and I am sure some others. A couple observations and questions The plus and minus keys seem like some obvious choices, but I believe by default in Windows 10 the bring up accessibility tools , notably zoom. so we may not want to use them. "the menu key" or menu key shortcut seems pretty tied into the os, so it might not be a good choice either.

7 said he was open to suggestions

-thanks

-vicpa

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Lots going on in emby land, so sorry for not posting this sooner. :)

You may not know that in addition to full support for the xbone remote. ember supports the MCE remote as well !!

All of the standard navigation keys work as expected. Ok and return or backspace, play, pause and stop.

Dumb question...when it's stated that "...full support for the xbone remote...", does that mean Ember will work with the Xbox Media Remote with and an actual Xbox One?

• 2 weeks later...
Lee

I think I'm coming over to ember the recent switch in player on theatre have messed my system up completely going to have a play regarding remote which is my main concern... Got a harmony so maybe this will suit me more anyway ...

*crosses fingers*

@@7illusions just dusted off my Lumia 830 btw and tried ember and it stuck on the home screen w10 is working very well on that device now and theatre works in a fashion...

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi @@Lee

On your Harmony definitely want to map "CRTL-A" to an unused button, on mine I used the "exit" button. It jumps you to the Home screen, which I use all the time. As mentioned in OP there are probably a few more mappings that we can ask 7 for, and some tweaks, but overall the remote support is pretty good. 

-vicpa

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Wacind

Hi I am trying out the Trial Version from the windows 10 store app but am unable to navigate the Guide for Live TV using my keyboard navigation keys or my MCE remote. Is this because I am on the Trail Version?

7illusions

Hi I am trying out the Trial Version from the windows 10 store app but am unable to navigate the Guide for Live TV using my keyboard navigation keys or my MCE remote. Is this because I am on the Trail Version?

Hi,

No, it's not. The trial is fully functional.

I haven't put a lot of time and effort on the Guide I'm afriad. I switched house and lost my LiveTV cababilites while doing so, hence development on that part Went to an absolute minmum.

It's on by backlog though, JUST got my dev enviroment back up and working on the features that where introduced in Creators Update.

Once I've squashed the reported bugs, i will but some more love into the Guide and LiveTV in general.

• Like 2