What's Happened?

jds828

jds828

I updated the server today and then noticed a Mediaportal update. After I ran the MP update it deleted the actual plugin and displayed a message about how the plugin would no longer be supported due to some rules Luke has.

Has anyone any more news as to why and/or will the MP plugin be coming back?

Thanks

Edit: Plugin is back in the catalog

MadibaJ

It seems Emby has issues with other backends and has never embraced the full functionality available. Have a look at the write up from punktchen. He has some very good points.

Perhaps there's pressure from the bigger Live tv who charge to force the other backends out, who knows, decent live tv I s another feature of Emby that never materialised.

I'm just pissed as two of the main features I bought premier for don't work. Live tv with a non hd homerun backend and iOS sync.

Edited by MadibaJ

jds828

I did have a look at the thread and understand that it is a long time ongoing thing. HD Homerun isn't an option for me as I use DVB-S only. The last time I looked, they didn't do a device for the UK... plus there's nothing wrong with my existing setup.

What I really don't get is why punktchen would disable the plugin. Why not just leave it as is and walk away. As I said in my first post, I'm not sure on the rules so I can't comment. On the other hand, If the relationship between devs and the owners is wearing thin, it might be time to agree on some common ground. Luke has always said that Emby could not be what it is without devs working on various plugins etc.

Lets hope this and any other issues gets sorted ASAP.

serioustk

To say something positive: Thanks for bringing the Plugin back!

I changed from Mediaportal to Emby a few years ago but have never seen a better TV Service. So a big thanks to Pünktchen for developing this plugin and bringing it back thus these complications!

arnie580

Hi, I'm new to Emby hoping to move from Plex. I currently have a MediaPortal set up as a backend for ArgusTV, but if Emby can do everything instead from a frontend point of view that would be better.

I have tried installing the plugin for MediaPortal through the web interface, however keep getting a notification saying it has failed. Could this be linked to this issue?

I am able to install other plugins with no issue.

Thanks,

Chris

jds828

Hi, I'm new to Emby hoping to move from Plex. I currently have a MediaPortal set up as a backend for ArgusTV, but if Emby can do everything instead from a frontend point of view that would be better.

I have tried installing the plugin for MediaPortal through the web interface, however keep getting a notification saying it has failed. Could this be linked to this issue?

I am able to install other plugins with no issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, start a new thread in this section and it will be more relevant to people.

You're going to need MPExtended installed and working for the plugin to talk to Mediaportal (WEBmediaportal isn't needed)